GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVO Golf R review

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
well the Golf R is coming to OZ so can't see why they won't sell it in the US. perhaps they are pulling your middle leg into buying the new GTI. Personally despite all the good reviews i feel the R is just a better tuned AWD GTI. There is nothing really that unique about it. R32 on the other hand will live on as the best sounding and best hatchback grand tourer ever built.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I heard from a good source that it is definitely coming...final specs which will be available for order are being finalized. Wont be at the North American International Auto Show(Detroit) though. I think Detroit is to show a new 2-door coupe concept from VW whic will steal the show, so the Golf R might probably show up in NY like the GTI did a year ago.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Hopefully they bring the GTD too!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
The only way I'd get an Audi... if it were an S3. Other than that I'll stick with the VW Golf R.

csmkv

Speeder
The only way I'd get an Audi... if it were an S3. Other than that I'll stick with the VW Golf R.

Exactly what I was thinking... Execept for S3 and TTS, nothing else from Audi is within the same class with Golf R. Despite that you cant get an S3 in NA, TTS costs considerably more than Golf R I believe. 40000ish aint it, well no, it starts at 45000. That was my first choice until Gold R leaks...

I hope Pickle can point out to us that which model of Audi in the US market nowaday can satisfy us enough in term of Golf R's price, performance, potential, and much more...

csmkv

Speeder
I heard from a good source that it is definitely coming...final specs which will be available for order are being finalized. Wont be at the North American International Auto Show(Detroit) though. I think Detroit is to show a new 2-door coupe concept from VW whic will steal the show, so the Golf R might probably show up in NY like the GTI did a year ago.

I truly hope what you said can come true.

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
If the price on the Golf R starts with a 4, then I will be hard pressed not to go towards a BMW M1... I don't think VoA will price it out that far, but who knows what they are thinking these days. I am still hoping the car will be available for order in Feb 10, with a delivery date this summer as a 2011 model... but I am still thinking out loud.

GTI2007

Even with $ 40k it still costs a lot less then here in Europe. We in Belgium have to pay nearly $ 52k while in the Netherlands because of taxes it costs almost $ 64k and that's for a base 3 door 6 speed manual version

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
IMHO, I think VoA knows what will happen with this car, that it will come to the US as a 2011 or 2012 model. I think there is some marketing nonsense going on, with needing to sell a load of GTIs prior to bringing over a special edition, or high performance model. As the Detroit Auto Show is showing, the introduction of the new Jetta bodystyle is their primary focus, wanting to boost sales with new editions of bread and butter cars. Once VoA "Pays the bills" then they will introduce the Golf R.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
IMHO, I think VoA knows what will happen with this car, that it will come to the US as a 2011 or 2012 model. I think there is some marketing nonsense going on, with needing to sell a load of GTIs prior to bringing over a special edition, or high performance model. As the Detroit Auto Show is showing, the introduction of the new Jetta bodystyle is their primary focus, wanting to boost sales with new editions of bread and butter cars. Once VoA "Pays the bills" then they will introduce the Golf R.

I totally agree with this observation. As soon as I saw the snipet of the new Jetta CC at Detroit I had a feeling that this craziness all makes sense somehow.:23:

Japan8

Passed Driver's Ed
That Jetta coupe doesn't look bad at all... kinda Audi-ish. But unless they hook it up with at least GTI, if not Golf-R drivetrain... totally not interested.