GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerflex upper engine/transmission mount insert - any good?

tofuD01

Ready to race!
As per title..was looking at getting the 034motorsport mounts for my car but saw these on the awesomegti site.

Anyone had any experience with these? It's much cheaper compared to replacement mounts.

It's £70 Vs £270 in terms of price.
TIA.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i had never heard of them before.. so googled them and it looks interesting but in the long run its probably gonna be just as bad as a dogbone insert..

Sure they do their job at first but then a lot of dogbone inserts began to brake down and rip apart. Changing to actual mounts while more expensive are the best solution for longevity and actual mounts tend to be better for NVH.

That being said if you want to try them go for it and write up a review.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
their suspension bushings are great...however, poly engine/trans mounts don't seem to hold up well... I'd stick with 034, they're tried and true.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, guess i'll get them 034 ordered soon!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I run all powerflex bushings on my car, good company.

And I actually had the opposite experience with 034 motor mounts, they crapped out on me after a year. Switched to BFI stage 2 poly mounts and they've held up great for 3+ now.
hmmm i was looking at BFI too. what kind of 034 mounts did you get? i know they have 3 different ones or at least used to offer 3 different ones.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this thread. Anyone have any experience with the engine and transmission mount inserts? I ran energy suspension motor mount inserts on some previous vehicles and found them to be a good alternative to replacing the entire mount.

I think I'm going to order a set and try them out on my 2012 GTI with 88K miles. Anyone out there have these and want to chime in?

oskynr

I just discovered these and would love to know if anyone has experience with them. I've been wanting to get new mounts but they are expensive. If these work well I would much rather get these for $90 than spend almost $400 on a BFI set.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had these for a month now. They do what they are supposed to. Slight increase in cabin vibrations (mostly at idle and worse with the AC on). It's reversible if you don't like them. They seem like a good bargain to me. Be sure to get new stretch bolts too.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I got the Revo mount kit in the end... The vibes and harshness is next level.