GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost fluctuations and hesitation: APR Stage 1

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
The f23 is cheap all around. I've seen the BBT and they look ok, but it's not a BW k04 frame.

Also, Hyde made 350 whp on a p&p k04 on 93 and 375 on meth, so 330 whp is definitely not the ceiling for a p&p k04.

Fastest k04 1/4 ran 11.5 @ 119. GIAC extreme file with race gas. 11.9 @ 115 on 93.

Hyde also made 375 on an aftermarket intake manifold... not sure if the intake manifold was on for the 350 run.

I also don’t want to sit at 375 on a maxes out turbo running meth to boot. Gotta keep refilling the meth

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Hyde also made 375 on an aftermarket intake manifold... not sure if the intake manifold was on for the 350 run.

I also don’t want to sit at 375 on a maxes out turbo running meth to boot. Gotta keep refilling the meth

Planning to run race gas all the time? Also will be restricted on fuel supply and injectors. Also, wouldn’t you be maxing out the rods the closer to 400hp you are? Looking for those higher numbers you might as well go BT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Planning to run race gas all the time? Also will be restricted on fuel supply and injectors. Also, wouldn’t you be maxing out the rods the closer to 400hp you are? Looking for those higher numbers you might as well go BT.

Big turbo is too expensive and I don’t want to run a race gas file all the time.

This is all why I’m looking at these hybrid turbos so I can rock more HP than k04 while not building the block or changing fuel supply. I hear you’ll run out of fueling before you bend a rod... as long as you have a good tuner and no tq spikes

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Big turbo is too expensive and I don’t want to run a race gas file all the time.

This is all why I’m looking at these hybrid turbos so I can rock more HP than k04 while not building the block or changing fuel supply. I hear you’ll run out of fueling before you bend a rod... as long as you have a good tuner and no tq spikes

I think members would love to see one of these builds to see what tuners and these turbos are capable of. I’ll most likely stick to a P&P BW K04. Will give me the power I’m looking for. Otherwise I’ll just get something with AWD if I’m looking beyond that power range.

FriggenT1

Banned
Problem is, you get a hybrid, then a custom tune and you're paying more than with the k04. Bottom line is the k04 is tried and true.

FriggenT1

Banned
DBV uses a Mitsubishi MHI core matted to a IHI turbo... it’s a TD06 joined to a stock turbo (internals changed obviously).

I’m not sure what beach buggy turbo uses in terms of the exact turbo but my understanding is that it’s a modified k04.

Either way I’m pretty sure quite a few members here rock their turbos...

F23 is pretty mute at this point. Many people have had issues with it and I’m pretty sure it came to light that it was a Chinese core or something like that

I donno, I’m of the mindset that if I’m gonna swap my turbo out.. I want the max hp/tq that is safe on stock internals and fueling. 330whp just doesn’t cut it for me

Are you stage 2? If so, do you have any idea what 330 who feels like on a FWD GTI? Traction is minimal until at least 3rd gear, and most of the time not until 4th. 330 who is A LOT more than people realize.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Totally sorry for thread jacking this post.

FriggenT - Yes the hybrid k04 + custom tune route would be more expensive than a p&p k04 but it would still be cheaper than a big turbo kit. This I am ok with. Maybe K04 is enough for me; I'm not sure. Considering this is my daily driver.. it might be more than enough.

Yes I am stage 2; I have all the bolt ons possible so the next step would be a turbo swap of some kind. I guess I just want to be different and not go the traditional way (k04) and I do have a semi local tuner in my state (United Motorsports). Time will ultimately tell as I still have about a year before I heavily consider the turbo swap. And I'm pretty sure traction is such an issue with k04 because of the massive TQ they put out (almost 400 I believe? Maybe 380-90), not the 330whp.

K04 is definitely the tried and true method, no doubt about that. Maybe i'll dare to be different... maybe not

FriggenT1

Banned
Totally sorry for thread jacking this post.

FriggenT - Yes the hybrid k04 + custom tune route would be more expensive than a p&p k04 but it would still be cheaper than a big turbo kit. This I am ok with. Maybe K04 is enough for me; I'm not sure. Considering this is my daily driver.. it might be more than enough.

Yes I am stage 2; I have all the bolt ons possible so the next step would be a turbo swap of some kind. I guess I just want to be different and not go the traditional way (k04) and I do have a semi local tuner in my state (United Motorsports). Time will ultimately tell as I still have about a year before I heavily consider the turbo swap. And I'm pretty sure traction is such an issue with k04 because of the massive TQ they put out (almost 400 I believe? Maybe 380-90), not the 330whp.

K04 is definitely the tried and true method, no doubt about that. Maybe i'll dare to be different... maybe not

I have the UM tune. I like it, just have a few bugs to work out with the high rpm breaking up, but the car is fast

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I have the UM tune. I like it, just have a few bugs to work out with the high rpm breaking up, but the car is fast

Are you K04 or stage 2?