GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"1 finger gap" SPRINGS

bimmerheater

Ready to race!
Im want to buy new springs but I am have trouble deciding. Some people have been complaining DG springs are not low enough.

How do these springs compare in gap distance:
Driver Gear
VMR
H&R Sport
H&R SuperSport

^if there are other springs that I am missing, feel free to add

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed

I have h&r super sports on stock shocks... About a half finger gap and looks fantastic... Could not be happier...

see you in 10k miles.

New thread: Ride is bouncy, why?

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
H&R Super Sports.

I had the Sport springs and the car wasn't low enough so I swapped in the Super Sports. Could not be happier. Also running H&R's shocks and struts from their Cup kit.

Yes the car is completely filthy. Would be nice if it would stop snowing every other day so they can stop salting the roads.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Dgs are about finger and a half. But they do get rid of that suv 4x4 look, but its enough low for me due to bad potholed roads (especially when storm came in here) and some steep entrance dips, also improve handling. If you have manual you will have awkward reverse rake, but after about 500-1000 miles its almost even front vs back on gap between fender and wheel

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Dgs are about finger and a half. But they do get rid of that suv 4x4 look, but its enough low for me due to bad potholed roads (especially when storm came in here) and some steep entrance dips, also improve handling. If you have manual you will have awkward reverse rake, but after about 500-1000 miles its almost even front vs back on gap between fender and wheel

The reverse rake you mention is with the VWR's......not DG's.