GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Redline Speed Worx Presents: SHOP LIFE

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
. . . APR just dropped the Stage 3+ TVS1740 Upgrade for the 4.2L FSI V8 Audi R8. Might be time to start thinking about selling our TTRS and building ourselves a monster R8!

APR 4.2L FSI V8 Stage 3+ Supercharger Upgrade

i understand wanting to be loyal to APR, but if you're going to do it, do it right. UGR Twin turbo kit.
:happyanim::happyanim:

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
i understand wanting to be loyal to APR, but if you're going to do it, do it right. UGR Twin turbo kit.
:happyanim::happyanim:

If you knew what we know about UGR and R8's you wouldn't consider that anything resembling "doing it right".

… if were talking big power exotics, we would get ourselves a Lamborghini and go to town on making 1500+ whp

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
This fine APR Stage 2+ GTI is in for what we would consider to be awesome. After 100k miles of hard use, we have now seen our very first KW spring failure. It great to be able to see the operation of an aftermarket component stand up to the test of time. We see stock VW springs crack in the same manner in the past with far less miles.

All sorts of goodness going on here!

Lovely RS5 project we have in the shop currently!

t's an RS kind of morning today! RS5 Project is underway!

Interior shot of a BEAUTIFULLY built #becauseracecar by a very good friend of ours that is currently sitting in our shop awaiting a bit of attention. It has a fully built 2JZ in it, and makes 1200 RWHP on E98!

The one and only Mr. Ryan Jacobs was in yesterday to take care of a few issues!

996 C4S in for a service as well as some electrical diagnostics!

So this APR, LLC. Stage 3 Golf R Engine finally came back from machine work the beginning of this week, and we have been making steady progress on re-assembly! APR's 2.0T FSI Forged Rods & Pistons are currently installed!

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
If you knew what we know about UGR and R8's you wouldn't consider that anything resembling "doing it right".

… if were talking big power exotics, we would get ourselves a Lamborghini and go to town on making 1500+ whp

could you clear that up at all? I haven't really heard anything negative about UGR's kits on the R8. I've seen some impressive numbers, and IIRC Brandon Jacob's UGR R8 ran well at the texas mile.

I mean the v10 in the R8 is the same in the lambo, so I can't imagine them "doing it wrong" (so to say) on the R8 considering their success with the lambo.

Unless the quattro, suspension, transmission were all fucked up.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
well ugr changes it to rwd so quattro doesn't come into play anymore. they have destroyed transmissions and transfer cases.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'll see you guys and your shop next week :)

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
could you clear that up at all? I haven't really heard anything negative about UGR's kits on the R8. I've seen some impressive numbers, and IIRC Brandon Jacob's UGR R8 ran well at the texas mile.

I mean the v10 in the R8 is the same in the lambo, so I can't imagine them "doing it wrong" (so to say) on the R8 considering their success with the lambo.

Unless the quattro, suspension, transmission were all fucked up.

I'm not saying they don't run well, keep in mind R8's are Direct Injection, Lamborghini's are not, thats all I'm going to say about that.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
I'm not saying they don't run well, keep in mind R8's are Direct Injection, Lamborghini's are not, thats all I'm going to say about that.

oh shit, i did not know that.

I believe the hurricane v10 will be identical between the two correct?

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
I'm not sure about the hurricane, haven't seen the specs on the car yet.

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
Looks like someone's 2.0T (Now Fully Built) Golf R engine is ready to go back in!

B8.5 A4 in for a set of SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms!

V8 S5 in for a complete KW Coilover Upgrade today!

APR Sale is in full effect this week, glad to see customers taking advantage of savings!

We can't say enough how happy we are of being embraced by our new LOCAL clientele. The entire team here at Redline Speed Worx, LLP is so excited for the opportunity to serve you all!

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
Nothing like starting off a Monday AM with the roar of a BMW V8!

e90_m3_aignment by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Today also starts with a bit of Porsche Turbo S, in the SUV variety!

cayenne_turbo_s by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

We've been working on a few spec E30 BMW race engines… These bad boys are getting prepped to head out the machining

spec_e30_engine by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

spec_e30_45759 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

2.0T TSI in for complete carbon cleaning service.

tsi_carbon_cleaning_whoa_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

RS5 gettings its new coil overs suspension

rs5_coilovers_485 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

New clutch is in the Lexus Supra concoction!

lexus_supra_thing_34 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

nick n

Ready to race!
nice clean shop. they flashed me from revo stage 2 to apr 2.

the revo tune was all sorts of fuvked up.
engine bucking during the cold season, boost dips where the curves cross during the summer, all fixed. they dialed in my alignment too.

will probably KO4 the car if JR give me a senior citizen discount. :D