GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESC Fault, ecu fried, warrenty question

MikeyMike

Passed Driver's Ed
2012 Golf 2.5, 51020 on the odometer.

Background: Today I get home after working 2 shifts, unload my tools, and jump back in my car to move it to some street parking spot and it glitches out, wont turn over, and indicates ESC Fault. All kinds of warning lights on. Its 10:30pm so i'm not gonna have it towed to a dealership until tomorrow, so I get some friends over to push it to a parking spot. Even while my buddies were pushing the car all kinds of dinging and lights freaking out even the hazards cut out by the time we got it to a parking spot. (i had the key in the ignition so the steering wheel wouldn't lock) So I assume the ecu is fucked.

Question: I bought this car used from a Toyota dealership with 32000 miles on it. I purchased an extended powertrain warrenty to 75000 miles. The Toyota dealership said if I need maintenance to take it to a VW dealership.. I don't know anything about warrenties, am I going to get screwed here??

Vroomer

Banned
You are still under the 5 year power train warranty, so take it to the nearest VW dealership and if it is the ECU it will be fully covered (unless you had it tuned in which case they might refuse).

MikeyMike

Passed Driver's Ed
Pardon my noob, this is my first newish-auto loan-bought from a dealer car, but why would I have this 5 year power train warrenty if I didn't buy the car new from an actual vw dealer?

edit: no tune, bone stock

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Warranty is on the car not the owner. Regardless of who you bought it from if it's inside the warranty period it's covered.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was your battery.