GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 MK6 2.0 TDI conversion to R

vag94

So I have decided to turn my 2009 MK6 2.0 TDI to R (on the outside at first). I have just received the front bumper and I was trying to test fit it on the car before painting it and I quickly ran into an issue. Not sure if this is right or not but I think that the front valance (lip spoiler) under the bumper is not the correct one since I've been trying and trying to fit it to the car & bumper.

What is even more confusing is that the lip spoiler that came with the bumper SHOULD fit even if the bumper is from R model since the exactly the same lip is used on GTI/GTD bumpers. Anyone has any idea on how to fit this? I have some images here on what do I mean exactly.

So here's the car with the bumper installed..

And here's the lip spoiler that came with the bumper..

A closer look at the end of the lip..

And here's the original lip from the original bumper..

Am I doing something wrong? Or how exactly does this really fit under my car when the screw holes are not aligned and there's a "step" at the end of the "new" lip and there's no "ears" where the plastic from the wheel arch should screw in.. :iono::iono::iono:

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
So I have decided to turn my 2009 MK6 2.0 TDI to R (on the outside at first). I have just received the front bumper and I was trying to test fit it on the car before painting it and I quickly ran into an issue. Not sure if this is right or not but I think that the front valance (lip spoiler) under the bumper is not the correct one since I've been trying and trying to fit it to the car & bumper.

What is even more confusing is that the lip spoiler that came with the bumper SHOULD fit even if the bumper is from R model since the exactly the same lip is used on GTI/GTD bumpers. Anyone has any idea on how to fit this? I have some images here on what do I mean exactly.

So here's the car with the bumper installed..

And here's the lip spoiler that came with the bumper..

A closer look at the end of the lip..

And here's the original lip from the original bumper..

Am I doing something wrong? Or how exactly does this really fit under my car when the screw holes are not aligned and there's a "step" at the end of the "new" lip and there's no "ears" where the plastic from the wheel arch should screw in.. :iono::iono::iono:

You have to take the piece underneath off your stock bumper and attach it to that. Well that is how I had to attach it for my GTI.

vag94

You have to take the piece underneath off your stock bumper and attach it to that. Well that is how I had to attach it for my GTI.

Hmmm not sure if I understood what you meant.. Do you have the same lip? Which part exactly? Any photos?

The only thing that's underneath is the lip and that huge motor protective piece of plastic. That's it.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm not sure if I understood what you meant.. Do you have the same lip? Which part exactly? Any photos?

The only thing that's underneath is the lip and that huge motor protective piece of plastic. That's it.

You have to remove this piece from your car and put it on the new bumper. It is not a lip just part of the underbody that screws into where your belly pan is at. No pics sorry.

vag94

If irmc just use the one from your stock bumper and attach it to the r bumper

The stock lip should fit the R bumper as well? Sorry but I still don't understand xD Would be much easier with photos..

So underneath in the front is the lip where the bumper sticks in then going towards the back right after the lip is screwed in there's the piece of plastic that goes exactly under the engine and that's basically it. There no pieces in between those 2 parts. So only lip and that big piece of protection under the engine..