GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deadline for ordering the first 600 units expired today. Second wave starts 10/25/11

NuGateway

The deadline for ordering the first 600 units expired today 9/28 at noon. Second wave starts 10/25/11

http://askavwsalesguy.com/blog/2011/9/28/golf-r-now-available-for-pre-order.html

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, crazy... what better way to sell at MSRP or above. Brilliant!

A W

wow, crazy... what better way to sell at MSRP or above. Brilliant!

Brilliant for the sellers and those who are willing to pay MSRP or above. Not so much the buyers who want a better price.

:wosschilder980:

Oh and the URL is broken by the way.

MarvinBen

Passed Driver's Ed
That explains the call I got two days ago. I put a deposit on a 4 door several months ago. I got a call yesterday asking for what color and equipment I wanted. VW apparentley went to the dealers with deposits to get orders on those cars first. This is also a good way for VW to get an idea of what people want in the way of car colors, two door vs four door, and standard or upgrade. We orderd the 4 door, carbon steel gray, with sunroof and navigation. A couple of months ago we were told they would get 3 Rs in January and they would all be Tornado Red. When we were asked what color we wanted two days ago for our order, we were told we could have any color we want, accept the red. I have the order sheet, but still no prices.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Brilliant for the sellers and those who are willing to pay MSRP or above. Not so much the buyers who want a better price.

yes, that's what I was saying.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Its pretty clear that these won't be discounted.

The limited quantity of cars and those LINED UP to pay sticker or above on a car they don't even know the price for is all the evidence you ever need.

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
That explains the call I got two days ago. I put a deposit on a 4 door several months ago. I got a call yesterday asking for what color and equipment I wanted. VW apparentley went to the dealers with deposits to get orders on those cars first. This is also a good way for VW to get an idea of what people want in the way of car colors, two door vs four door, and standard or upgrade. We orderd the 4 door, carbon steel gray, with sunroof and navigation. A couple of months ago we were told they would get 3 Rs in January and they would all be Tornado Red. When we were asked what color we wanted two days ago for our order, we were told we could have any color we want, accept the red. I have the order sheet, but still no prices.

No one came. We just ordered online on our system :thumbsup:

Uberryan

Banned
Polling a few sales managers at about a half dozen or more dealerships I've kept in contact with, these haven't even come close to pre-selling as the 08 R's did. Kind of sad.

I do have to chalk it up to their advertising. Without these forums, I would never know the car was coming. Not all VW enthusiasts go to these forums, either.

A W

Polling a few sales managers at about a half dozen or more dealerships I've kept in contact with, these haven't even come close to pre-selling as the 08 R's did. Kind of sad.

I do have to chalk it up to their advertising. Without these forums, I would never know the car was coming. Not all VW enthusiasts go to these forums, either.

Lol, maybe when they start getting the upgraded DSG everyone in Europe has they can start making the commercials more mainstream.