GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Diverter Valve, tuning springs and boost pressure

Olly_R

Hey all,

I have a golf R currently running a Revo stage 1, VWR intake and a forge Diverter Valve. I also have the spring tuning kit.

I have 6 in total and have read that a certain spring should be used for the amount of boost I'm running - that's clear. I've tried them all this evening just for testing purposes and they do differ slightly both Audibly and performance wise.

I would hazard a guess that I'm running 25psi (ish) does this sound realistic? What colour spring would you recommend and also advise strongly not to?

I'm new to VW tuning so forgive the naive nature of this post, I've searched forums high and low and can't get a definitive conclusion and I don't want to fry my turbo as the car is only 8 weeks old.

Thanks

webcrawlr

Ready to race!
Most likely can't find it around here as most people keep the stock valve, which has been show to hold stage 4 power levels no problem.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Blue or red. Red holds 30+. Try both and see. I run red on my gti at 23-25. You really need to know what your boosting to answer the question.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
I dont R20s boost that high. I though it was in the 16 to 18 psi range but I do not know either since Podi is still working on their boost gauge. I myself have a Synapse DV but am yet to install it.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

I run the Yellow on mine @ 20psi but to be honest i have switched to the stock green spring a few times and felt absolutely no difference in performance or sound. I'm sure once you really start to up the psi it would be of more importance.

Olly_R

After further investigation and advice from Forge UK, I'm of the conclusion I should be running the blue spring. Until I get a boost gauge, I've no idea what boost I'm running.. and the mod list continues to grow :)