GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First GTI EVER! How was my deal?

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
I haven't shopped for a used vehicle in quite some time, how do you tell how much the dealer paid for it?

Good question. I had about 7 different deals offered to me and during the course of the negotiation, due to my stubbornness, they released the cost of the car to me to illustrate their reasoning behind their offer. It ended up hurting them, though, because I was just about to settle when they told me this figure. So I kept pushing a bit.

Other than that I am not sure. Invoice on new cars tend to be pretty straight forward to research, at least in my opinion (I also believe there is a hotline you can call where consumers can verify these numbers for new vehicles; read it in a consumer reports or something or other magazine), but used cars vary widely.

Someone else may want to chime in.

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I am excited that I might soon be owner of a GTI ! I just need some advice, I am thinking of getting a CPO GTI (2010) DSG with 40K miles on it. They changed the DSG fluid on it and the carfax is clean with all timely services. Tires have been changed once (after 30K). After negotiation, the price is at $ 18,250.

Is this is a good deal ? This will be my first car and I fell in love with this GTI as soon as I took a test drive in it. I drove it for almost 30 mins and there was only one word for it AWESOMENESS !

I appreciate your advice and thanks for such a wealthy resource !

Chak !

What options and is it 2 or 4Dr? New tires I assume? Seems legit enough. What was sticker price?

rochak.chadha

What options and is it 2 or 4Dr? New tires I assume? Seems legit enough. What was sticker price?

It's a 2DR with all the standard options in a DSG (No sunroof, no NAV etc). The treads on the tire seem new. Sticker price was $18,750. KBB value was $ 21400

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
It's a 2DR with all the standard options in a DSG (No sunroof, no NAV etc). The treads on the tire seem new. Sticker price was $18,750. KBB value was $ 21400

Someone may disagree but I don't see why you couldn't get the price down another 500. Chances are the dealership got it for much lower than 18,xxx considering it's a standard GTI. A quick look in my area (what's your zip?) shows quite a few base model GTIs in the 18,xxx - 19,xxx range sticker price with similar mileage as yours.

rochak.chadha

Its 15206, I have another $500 off through some other discount. I didnt list it here as it was a part of the financing plan that's offered. But my bigger concern is about the things I need to watch out for.., what things can I expect to be most problematic on a 40K GTI ?

rpizzuti2401

Havent bought it yet because i'm waiting on my final interest rate from the credit union, but i got a final price of 21,400 out the door for a 2012 CPO GTI w/ conv. sunroof and a few other options with 7,500 miles. Hopefully it works out!

rochak.chadha

Havent bought it yet because i'm waiting on my final interest rate from the credit union, but i got a final price of 21,400 out the door for a 2012 CPO GTI w/ conv. sunroof and a few other options with 7,500 miles. Hopefully it works out!

That's such a sweet deal ! Best of luck :)

rpizzuti2401

So out the door i guess was ignored so i had to haggle some more right before signing papers at the credit union. I got them down to 21,200 with monster mats, full tank, and a reconditioning. Was just about 22,800 with taxes, title, and reg. Still pretty good i guess. OP enjoy your new ride.

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
So out the door i guess was ignored so i had to haggle some more right before signing papers at the credit union. I got them down to 21,200 with monster mats, full tank, and a reconditioning. Was just about 22,800 with taxes, title, and reg. Still pretty good i guess. OP enjoy your new ride.

You did well :thumbsup:

Front Runner

Hey everyone,

Bought my first GTI after falling in love with the car after my first test drive. I am located in southern Cali.

-2012 2 Door Carbon Steel Grey w/ convenience package (PZEV)
-10,667 miles on the clock
-Certified (so it comes with the 2/24,000 certified warranty after factory expires)
-2 free visits left for the 3/36,000 care free maintenance plan
-Virtually free of any defects (was a corporate lease previous)
-Got them to throw in a tank of gas (was empty) and monster mats (along with the set of carpeted)

Cost of car: $23,100

I personally am proud of myself because it was a hard negotiation (dealership bought the car for $22,400 and did not want to budge from their price of 24,000) but overall a very pleasant experience and I LOVE this car! :happyanim:

Congrats on the new ride!!:w00t:

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
That is about what I paid for mine with 15k miles on it. 2 dr. DSG with same options.