GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo upgraded

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone Replace Turbocharger assembly based on a new Garrett core
On the Golf R? What about the hp reache after replacing?

Any other recommendations to get 400-410hp. Without replacing the turbo K04

Davespence20

Ready to race!
I don't know if the ko4 can produce that kinda air flow. But then again I'm no expert

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
I wonder what kind of power is possible with an E85 setup..

If 380 is possible on 93 pump, then 400 shouldn't be a problem with ethanol. Though I don't know if there is enough fueling capacity to run straight E-85.

Anyone know what the max airflow (lbs/min) is on the KO3 and KO4?

TooPoor1

DriverMotorsport has a E47 tune. Essentially a 50/50 blend. I will be trying it soon.

From their site:

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
DriverMotorsport is certainly doing some cool things over there that's for sure.

I do wish they would re-label their graphs to display "E-47" rather than "E-85". That one you posted of theirs is a little misleading.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have heard some scary stories running E85 on a DI motor. Its doable but not as reliably as say in a PI set up.

I would run a 70/30 M1, Distilled water combo should net about the same Octane Rating as E85 anyway.

Silly HP on this platform should only be done with the R. 380whp in a FWD?? Thats just silly. Good luck on the track with that.

Golf R with 380whp?? Now that would be fun. Too bad that Traction Control ruins the fun :iono: Thanks VW :paddle:

Jeff

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone Replace Turbocharger assembly based on a new Garrett core
On the Golf R? What about the hp reache after replacing?

Any other recommendations to get 400-410hp. Without replacing the turbo K04

Lots of people using the Garrett GT28 and GT30 series turbos on Golf R's now.

You are quoting 400-410hp - no doubt you mean at the engine, rather than measured at the wheels?

-K04 hybrid turbos are getting around 230-235kw/310hp at all four wheels.
- With GT28's they are getting a safe 250kw/335hp at all four wheels. This is on a stock engine and stock injectors.
-With GT30's they are around 300kw/400hp+ at all four wheels, but this power level required new rods and injectors at a minimum. You can push harder if you want, but then you start breaking things and it gets very expensive.

Note that the power figures i have quoted are on Australian dyno's, which tend to read quite a bit lower (more realistic) than American dyno's.

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
E85 needs alot of injector. Can the stock fuel system keep up?

As far as i know, there are no direct injection injectors available on the market that can flow enough to support E85 - otherwise it would be getting done all over the place.