GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Hope it's all good. Might dyno next week if it's a go.

Sounds good, I will get back to you as soon as I get tuned.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
So, who will be the first one to try the mkv dsg 3.1 file? Love to hear some good feedback, before I flash back to apr.

Got the V 3.1 last Monday, DSG tune done last month:
The main change, Initial response so much better,improved traction (car feels quicker or not losing time trying to dose the torque)
It doesn't feel invasive, as much as before.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
For you guys running v3.1, does 4th gear just rip up top like I think it should? Mine still feels down in power from v2. At this point I'm thinking there is something going on with my car. Also the hose on my boost gauge is all jacked up so I gotta figure out what's going on with it so I can see proper boost levels. Up through 3rd gear feels way better now though.
Also I removed the boost tap so I wouldn't be driving with a boost leak.
Have you got any noise? Like DV noise? Vac lines?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I have to be able to get back out and drive some more. I wont have the opportunity until I get the coolant leak looked at and even then maybe not for a while. I was thinking boost leak too, but my shop logged it and said that the car was reaching requested boost so I don't think there's a boost leak. I don't know if a failing water pump could cause a loss off power in higher gears but I would think it could if the bearing is holding the engine back via the belt.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Got the V 3.1 last Monday, DSG tune done last month:
The main change, Initial response so much better,improved traction (car feels quicker or not losing time trying to dose the torque)
It doesn't feel invasive, as much as before.

Appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I have to be able to get back out and drive some more. I wont have the opportunity until I get the coolant leak looked at and even then maybe not for a while. I was thinking boost leak too, but my shop logged it and said that the car was reaching requested boost so I don't think there's a boost leak. I don't know if a failing water pump could cause a loss off power in higher gears but I would think it could if the bearing is holding the engine back via the belt.

If I remember this right the water pump is driven off the end of the balance shaft. If thtasbholding up the show you'd know it I think.
What does the coolant temp look like thru vcds or mobile?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

In theory it shouldn't, but if efficient is lacking due a defective water pump, then that could be the issue. Check the coolant level. How many miles you have? Vacuum pump gasket replaced ever? Manifold?

Appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

You gonna love it! :)

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Aww yeah! 1K0907115AD S0060 is ready! just got the email

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
  • 06J906027CL S0857
  • 06J906027F S8068
  • 06J906027FE S3952
  • 06J906027FJ S4352
  • 06J906027J S1637
  • 06J906027K S2908
  • 1k0907115AL S0030
  • 1K0907115AM S0030
  • 1K0907115AP S0020
  • 1K0907115AP S0040
  • 1K0907115AS S0010
  • 1K0907115AT S0010
  • 1K0907115AS S0020
  • 1K0907115AT S0020
  • 06J906027AE S2909
  • 1K0907115AP S0030
  • 1K0907115AQ S0030
  • 1K0907115AE S0030
  • 8P0907115AG S0030
  • 1K0907115AF S0010
  • 1K0907115AD S0060 <---just added!e-mails being generated

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
If you guys get dyno'd...dyno in 4th gear!

Start the pull at 2000rpm and hold that pedal at 100% the entire pull.

NOTE:
If you have a DSG car and it will not stay in gear without downshifting, use the paddle shifter to switch into 4th gear but DONT RELEASE the paddle. As long as you continue to hold the paddle when you upshift to 4th, it SHOULD stay in the same gear the entire pull.

2 reasons:

it will give you the best comparison to our advertised graph since we dyno all 6 speeds in 4th gear (closest to a 1:1 transmission ratio) on the lower final drive gear.

It will allow you to see if your vehicle will experience valve float conditions in 4th gear (and at which speed/rpm) while being in a safe testing environment. Many vehicles will not show a valve float condition until the engine load and duration are in higher gears.

Last edited:

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Oh my God! I just fixed my boost gauge hose and went out for another rip. And Good Lord Almighty!! I did a 50 roll in 4th gear and she just RIPS to 115, especially after about 4,200 rpm. I'm peaking at 28 psi and holding 23 to redline!! Not to mention how smooth it is, you really don't realize how fast you're going until you see the cars in front of you coming up very quickly and you look down at the speedo. Woohoo! Thank you Jamie!!

Also I'm surprised I'm hitting those boost numbers, it's about 85 with fairly high humidity right now, sheesh.

lol gli

Go Kart Champion

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Oh my God! I just fixed my boost gauge hose and went out for another rip. And Good Lord Almighty!! I did a 50 roll in 4th gear and she just RIPS to 115, especially after about 4,200 rpm. I'm peaking at 28 psi and holding 23 to redline!! Not to mention how smooth it is, you really don't realize how fast you're going until you see the cars in front of you coming up very quickly and you look down at the speedo. Woohoo! Thank you Jamie!!

So you had a boost leak?