GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

509whp problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say that you have stock motor mounts and stuff, and that you were wheel hopping all over the place? That's a HUGE weakness that you should fix ASAP.

If you use drag radials on a road course, you're gonna have a bad time.

Check out my instagram brah. What you prob read was me talking about my time at the track back in april or so when i had 420. Yes that is why i couldnt put the power down. had stock struts, dampers and mounts. I since corrected that going with Bilstein B8s(Amazing) and VF engineering mounts and i have zero wheel hop now. I had no wheel hop at the track...i just spun tires like crazy. Power comes on so smooth now.

Oh and I was referring to the drag strip when I said the track. I'm not retarded, I would never try and go track racing with a drag radial...im sure they wouldnt even let you on...LOL

I read most of it, I couldn't really get a good read on whether on not you were into it (drag racing) or not. But ok! Well yea, I'm not super familiar with all of the super sticky tires out there. I rememeber always reading good things about Hankook RS3's, but I don't know if they're even still made or how they stack up to whats out now. I just looked up the R7 and R6's and they look to be pretty badass tires. For the track I would go with the smallest wheel possible. Lighter wheels and lighter tires in 17's than in 18's. Probably more 17" tire options too.

Yea, Patricks car is over 600whp for sure. I though I remembered reading it was 640 or something. I know it's over 600 though. There is a ton of money tied up in it though, and one of his other cars is a Ferrari, so I'm sure breaking shit every other day to get to that point isn't as much of a problem for him as it would be for most though. He's a really good and helpful dude though. If you ever have any questions about shit he's always gives you a good answer.

ET streets is just Hoosiers term for drag radials. They are "street legal" because of the one or two threads down the middle and have a stiffer sidewall compared to all out slicks. I guess everyone has their preference, but cooking the hell out of them has always worked for me. Not just with the GTI, but with other stuff as well.

And sure thing about the advise. I initally was going to rag on the whole big power front wheel drive thing, but decided not to be a dick like everyone else :lol::thumbsup:

yea that what i was thinking about the rim size selection...was really hoping for some reason 18s would be better. Really wanted to slap them on the 18x8 I have right now cause the spokes are slightly chewed up from a minor accident and I have a red racing stripe on them for....well racing...lol

yea ive met patrick. I actually have his camshaft in my engine..LOL. Didnt know he had a Ferrari. He is rocking the TTRS now.... Pretty sure he blew the motor in his GLI and said fuck it and sold everything and then got the TTRS....if you can plz post up the link of where he says his GLI was ever that strong.

I'd still like to know (as others I'm sure), what mods this 509WHP has. :iono:

Unless once you're past 400whp, mod lists are secret. :iono:

My mod list...ugh...so damn long...
Nut shell:
GT30
Fuck ton of meth
MBC
and every supporting mod possible to put on our car
and dyno tune myself

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Check out my instagram brah. What you prob read was me talking about my time at the track back in april or so when i had 420. Yes that is why i couldnt put the power down. had stock struts, dampers and mounts. I since corrected that going with Bilstein B8s(Amazing) and VF engineering mounts and i have zero wheel hop now. I had no wheel hop at the track...i just spun tires like crazy. Power comes on so smooth now.

Oh and I was referring to the drag strip when I said the track. I'm not retarded, I would never try and go track racing with a drag radial...im sure they wouldnt even let you on...LOL
Gotcha.

Protip - stop calling the drag strip a "track" :thumbsup:

Someone just did it with a damn near full weight stage 2 car on 100 octane. It's easier to go faster with less power in a FWD car, or any car for that matter, in a drag racing situation. Just look at the list of big turbo cars running good times compared to K04 cars.

He has VF mounts. And I tried road course tires on the drag strip once. That was exciting. LOL.

I'm actually very curious how that turned out for you?

Airlift makes helper bags for rv's and trucks to help with towing. You can get a kit for less than $60 and fit to the rear springs. Will help to keep weight on the front for drag or straight line roll race stuff. Don't want the airred up for daily driving or road course type stuff.

Fireball there was a guy named john berget who sells used road race tires. I will see if I can dig up his info. You might try him and buy used road race compound tires to try out. Before you blow a huge load of cash

Edit:http://www.jbracingtires.net/

Haha, thats hilarious. I actually asked them for tires about 2 weeks ago through their website and never got a response. I was just about to step outside and try and call them.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
yea ive met patrick. I actually have his camshaft in my engine..LOL. Didnt know he had a Ferrari. He is rocking the TTRS now.... Pretty sure he blew the motor in his GLI and said fuck it and sold everything and then got the TTRS....if you can plz post up the link of where he says his GLI was ever that strong.

Wrong Patrick. This was his thread over on vwvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5573872-Project-Madonna

He recently got banned, because he is the owner of "SpinTech" which is a wheel refurbishing place and he was promoting his business over there without being a vendor.

His instagram is "patrick_wheelfreak" and there is some stuff from his car on there too. He's also posted in the BT thread on here a few times. USP built his car. It's the car that ran 10.90's or something in the TSI drag strips thread.

Correction, 10.81 @ 128.15

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually very curious how that turned out for you?

Not well. The sidewall is stiff as hell, and you practically need to spin them for 5 minutes to heat them up. I got them for free so I gave them a shot before I looked up that they were actually road race tires. LOL. Short story is, the side wall was so stiff I ended up blowing my BFI engine mount to pieces. What an awesome day...

Funny thing is, I ran a 13.2 at 113 on 100 octane on those, and a 13.0 at 110 on street tires. Then a 12.8 at 108 on Hoosiers on 93 octane last year. The tune was always fucked up in the upper RPM's which finally got fixed with the V3.1, so I'm positive I can run faster than that 12.8 on street tires currently. I sold the Hoosiers over the summer, and haven't been back to the track with the GTI all year so I've never tested that out. RWD cars are just much more fun on the strip than the GTI ever was :lol:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Dude i just watched some of your videos...you were right there with that GTR. :clap:

Good kills on the 911 turbo, mustang 5.0, ferrari etc...that roll racing looked like a good time. Mad backfire against the 911 turbo...lol at the guy in the 911..did he think his car was broken or something when you took off?

Wrong Patrick. This was his thread over on vwvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5573872-Project-Madonna

He recently got banned, because he is the owner of "SpinTech" which is a wheel refurbishing place and he was promoting his business over there without being a vendor.

His instagram is "patrick_wheelfreak" and there is some stuff from his car on there too. He's also posted in the BT thread on here a few times. USP built his car. It's the car that ran 10.90's or something in the TSI drag strips thread.

Correction, 10.81 @ 128.15

Ah, I see....and fuck it...i tried looking for his graphs...80 pages of thread to look through..no thanks

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Ah, I see....and fuck it...i tried looking for his graphs...80 pages of thread to look through..no thanks

Not sure if graphs were ever posted, but the number has been said. There is a lot about that car that is kind of secretive. It started out as a 3+, but I don't know if it still has an APR tune or what. It has a different turbo at least, I thought it was a 5858 IIRC. A custom intake manifold. It was said the HPFP has been modified. And the head has been on and off a million times as I thought he was testing cams or something. Regardless, it's far from stock and far from off the shelf bought parts.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Fireball you are really limited when it comes to 18" tire sizes for these cars. Start talking yourself into 17" if they will clear your brakes

Not well. The sidewall is stiff as hell, and you practically need to spin them for 5 minutes to heat them up. I got them for free so I gave them a shot before I looked up that they were actually road race tires. LOL. Short story is, the side wall was so stiff I ended up blowing my BFI engine mount to pieces. What an awesome day...

Funny thing is, I ran a 13.2 at 113 on 100 octane on those, and a 13.0 at 110 on street tires. Then a 12.8 at 108 on Hoosiers on 93 octane last year. The tune was always fucked up in the upper RPM's which finally got fixed with the V3.1, so I'm positive I can run faster than that 12.8 on street tires currently. I sold the Hoosiers over the summer, and haven't been back to the track with the GTI all year so I've never tested that out. RWD cars are just much more fun on the strip than the GTI ever was :lol:

That literally makes no sense that you ran faster on a street tire...unless of course you tried heating up the track tires from the start. then you prob made them greasy as fuck and that explains that. I can believe that about rwd.

Dude i just watched some of your videos...you were right there with that GTR. :clap:

Good kills on the 911 turbo, mustang 5.0, ferrari etc...that roll racing looked like a good time. Mad backfire against the 911 turbo...lol at the guy in the 911..did he think his car was broken or something when you took off?

ha thanks man. that is definitely one of the best times of my life...people swarmed my car after that and didnt give a shit about the GTR...lol
I had him in the 1st race where there is only a side line video...and that 2nd race he made me do again right away...so I was heat soaking as i had done other races also...I ended up missing 4th gear for a sec which made me have to respool which let him pull that much ahead of me...I also had an internally blown head gasket during that so she was real weak up top. Now that i did a carbon cleaning and put valve springs in she holds much better up top then before. Also that was when i was making 420 :) Needless to say I cant wait to go back next year with my new found power.

That 911 guy was priceless he was so mad....just bought that car for this event too and he only had like 10,000miles on it. that black smoke you see is just my WOT box cutting fuel during my shift and then farting it out...better black smoke than white!

Def my favorite event and where my car shines the best. Stoked for next year.

Fireball you are really limited when it comes to 18" tire sizes for these cars. Start talking yourself into 17" if they will clear your brakes

yea, I can get the federals in 17s or 18s. I can also get the hoosiers in 17s or 18s. and if i ever dare...I can get those M&H slicks in 17s which i have no immediate plans to.

Now I really dont know about this so im going to ask. M&H slicks are those strictly for drag racing or could I use those for the race track? Bc if thats basically the same thing as a nacecar tire...im about to say fuck the hoosier R7s and go with these for sure!...then i can drag race and track race...LOL but something tells me this is too good to be true.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I wouldn't run the m&h for anything other than the drag strip. Don't think the tire would last long at low pressure and longer distance high speed.

Texas mile banned drag tires several year ago due to all the high speed failures

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
That literally makes no sense that you ran faster on a street tire...unless of course you tried heating up the track tires from the start. then you prob made them greasy as fuck and that explains that. I can believe that about rwd.
Street tires are not track tires... This is why people are getting confused because you are going back and forth between drag strip/track and street/r-comp/track tires, when each of those are different things.

Street tires are not track tires... This is why people are getting confused because you are going back and forth between drag strip/track and street/r-comp/track tires, when each of those are different things.

he said he got track tires and tried them at the strip but he ran faster with his street tires...

Status
Not open for further replies.