GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First puppy!!

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
My wifes a Vet and she only feeds our dogs Hill Science Diet and she doesn't like Cesar Milan.

Science diet is not great. Better than grocery store stuff, but not great.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I see you're in Texas. Be careful with pugs in the heat. They can heat stroke very easily due to their smooshed face

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Well went to the vet... They got me lol went in for her shots left with a 250 bill :/better safe than sorry. She has a ulcer in her eye putting a ointment on it hopefully that fixes it. If not surgery :/

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Well went to the vet... They got me lol went in for her shots left with a 250 bill :/better safe than sorry. She has a ulcer in her eye putting a ointment on it hopefully that fixes it. If not surgery :/

welcome.

you will most likely spend more money on a pup than a kid.

Look into pet insurance,

also look into the breed itself, pugs have more difficulty breathing, etc. so just figure all of that out.

on the other hand congrats on the new pup! Looks cute

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
The owners don't know but I e-adopted this guy. He's gotta be fully grown by now though...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421198918.212668.jpg

AubreyR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck, puppies are definitely a handful and sometimes the smaller breeds like a pug can be harder to train. She is cute though!

Like some of the others have said, crate train for sure and find the best method of training that works for all of you. What might work for others, might not work for the dog or you. I have two pits and a boston terrier right now and they're all becoming seniors and we've been fostering the last couple months. Recently had two 6 week old mutts and I forgot how much work it could be...

Food is important, same with getting a quality treat. Talk to your vet about what might the best formula for your pug and start there. I like to read the ingredients on the bag and do occasionally even though I've been feeding my boys the same thing for years. I personally go with something that starts with a meat as the ingredient first, as much other natural ingredients as possible and low on grains or no grain.

My boston only wears a harness when we walk so it doesn't put any pressure around his neck. You will likely experience something called a "reverse sneeze" with your pug, like we do with our boston. The harness prevents this almost entirely when walking, even though he is trained well on the leash and doesn't pull. Dogs with short snouts sometimes have the same size pallet as a dog with a normal length snout, causing a flap of sorts that can sometimes close off their breathing when excited, etc. Obviously look into this a bit more for the actual technical explanation...

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
She already knows if she is a vet. :)

But seriously before I met her, I fed my dog anything and she was always sick/vomiting.Dog now gets some prescription only Hills and dog does great.

Wife said she likes Blue Buffalo but that they dont have the resources to do life long testing on animals, which is expensive. Hills does a lot of research on their foods. Also mentioned the BB has had some serious recalls.

You cant go wrong with either, pick the one your dog likes. As long as its not kibbles and bits.