GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Just a quick question, around what power are guys with K04's making up there? On fuel with meth full on race basically. Just want to gauge the progress of local tuners here in SA as well.

Chris659

Ready to race!
Yeah, I assumed they needed to be changed. HPA didn't mention a MAP sensor, but I'll double check. Thanks for your help!

I was told by Darryl that it is not needed. Maybe your setup differs from mine, but wanted to share what I was told. I'm using their K04 and IM along with their OnePort ecu/tcu software.
My initial log showed just over 2.5bar but they told me they will take care of everything with the stock map. My mechanic is stumped as to why they don't use it and how they'll tune around it. We'll see I guess...

So I JUST got this setup and am still on the initial low boost, and am expecting the revised file/ tcu files next week. It's already a big improvement over stage2, and can't wait to see how next week goes! I'm wondering though what kind of numbers should I expect with my setup? I plan on getting it dynoed once dialed in but want to get an idea of what to expect.

HPA k04 p&p/ceramic coated both sides by socal porting
HPA intake manifold p&p/ ceramic coated
HPA custom ecu tune/stage 3 tcu tune
SPM street tbe- dp ceramic coated
PTP turbo blanket
Red top coils
Fluidyne dampener
FrankenTOP- ceramic coated
Spulen tbp
Do88 ic
Carbonio full intake (going to change though)

93oct Sunoco

What does it take to make 370+whp on 93? The intake manifold is already tapped for dp meth inj, but ran out of $$ for now. Plan on also adding a lsd
Do I run out of fuel or turbo first? Was wondering if doing APR pump and upgraded injectors would be needed

Last edited:

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
I was told by Darryl that it is not needed. Maybe your setup differs from mine, but wanted to share what I was told. I'm using their K04 and IM along with their OnePort ecu/tcu software.
My initial log showed just over 2.5bar but they told me they will take care of everything with the stock map. My mechanic is stumped as to why they don't use it and how they'll tune around it. We'll see I guess...

So I JUST got this setup and am still on the initial low boost, and am expecting the revised file/ tcu files next week. It's already a big improvement over stage2, and can't wait to see how next week goes! I'm wondering though what kind of numbers should I expect with my setup? I plan on getting it dynoed once dialed in but want to get an idea of what to expect.

HPA k04 p&p/ceramic coated both sides by socal porting
HPA intake manifold p&p/ ceramic coated
HPA custom ecu tune/stage 3 tcu tune
SPM street tbe- dp ceramic coated
PTP turbo blanket
Red top coils
Fluidyne dampener
FrankenTOP- ceramic coated
Spulen tbp
Do88 ic
Carbonio full intake (going to change though)

93oct Sunoco

What does it take to make 370+whp on 93? The intake manifold is already tapped for dp meth inj, but ran out of $$ for now. Plan on also adding a lsd
Do I run out of fuel or turbo first? Was wondering if doing APR pump and upgraded injectors would be needed

Wait, so the OnePort software only comes with a low boost file, and you have to contact them or wait for another file? I thought it was the same file they used on their race GLI's?

Chris659

Ready to race!
Wait, so the OnePort software only comes with a low boost file, and you have to contact them or wait for another file? I thought it was the same file they used on their race GLI's?

It all depends on what you want. I wanted a custom tune, so that's what I opted for. Same for my DSG tune- I only needed a stage 2 tune for the power level, but that only goes through Sport and Manual modes. I wanted Drive mode altered as well so I went up to the stage 3 DSG tune. I don't know how their OTS tunes work, but it will still use OnePort though.

I'm also in a Beetle Turbo so I'm not sure how the platforms differ. They told me they hadn't seen my ecu and tcu box codes before so they had to locate factory files first then do some logging to maximize performance.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
LSD guys, anyone have to run a additive with their LSD's? Installing mine later this month, and want to make sure.

Also, is there anything else y'all recommend? Here's a list of what I have:

K04
Software
Neuspeed intercooler
3" TBE
K04 Intercooler pipe (replace pancake pipe)
BFI Clutch
Peloquin LSD
Oil and Coolant

Is there anything else I need or y'all recommend? Any mounts I should replace? Should I stick with factory MTF, or use syncromesh, etc ?

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
What mounts? I've been checking ECS, and they sell a pendulum mount without the puck mount. Think that'll be all I need to help with traction, or should I get motor and trans mounts too?

Just get the 034 Engine and Trans mounts for about $230ish and then get the HPA red puck mount. I wouldn't get the pendulum mount unless you want a significant increase in noise and vibration

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I had BSH engine/trans mounts and the red HPA puck. It worked perfectly at K04 level. They did add a nice bit of NVH, but it was totally liveable.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Just get the 034 Engine and Trans mounts for about $230ish and then get the HPA red puck mount. I wouldn't get the pendulum mount unless you want a significant increase in noise and vibration

I thought you had to buy the pendulum if you bought the puck mount, because of the possibility of the pendulum mount snapping?