GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats! You won't regret it. & we're not fresh to that here. You're one of many who made the switch for the same reason!
This. Lots of testimonials throughout this thread of switchers loving stratified.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
This. Lots of testimonials throughout this thread of switchers loving stratified.

Awesome. Does anybody here run the crackle tune with the stock downpipe? My exhaust is Stock aside from a resonator Delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome. Does anybody here run the crackle tune with the stock downpipe? My exhaust is Stock aside from a resonator Delete.

i dont think they recommend using a stock down-pipe. As you wont hear them with it. You need an aftermarket downpipe with a highflow cat or non catted to hear them.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
i dont think they recommend using a stock down-pipe. As you wont hear them with it. You need an aftermarket downpipe with a highflow cat or non catted to hear them.

Okay. When I placed my order on Tuesday, I ordered the crackles. Oh well, It's only 10 bucks so its whatever.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Okay. When I placed my order on Tuesday, I ordered the crackles. Oh well, It's only 10 bucks so its whatever.
i mean try it out. They send you two tunes. one with and one without.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
i mean try it out. They send you two tunes. one with and one without.

Okay awesome! My car is going into the dealer to get the valve cover gasket done again under warranty tomorrow. Once I get it back and install the tune I'll post up a video. Just out of curiosity, where's your favorite place to mount your accessport?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Okay awesome! My car is going into the dealer to get the valve cover gasket done again under warranty tomorrow. Once I get it back and install the tune I'll post up a video. Just out of curiosity, where's your favorite place to mount your accessport?
here is how i have mine done. I bought a window suction mount off amazon for like 15 bucks. Routed the cable through the fuse panel so its out of site.

cable management

YES i know its near the side curtain airbag. But i wasnt gonna lose a vent or have to look down at the center console to see it.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
here is how i have mine done. I bought a window suction mount off amazon for like 15 bucks. Routed the cable through the fuse panel so its out of site.

cable management

YES i know its near the side curtain airbag. But i wasnt gonna lose a vent or have to look down at the center console to see it.

Looks good! I’ll have to order one of those mounts. I see you have the DSG like my car. How’s the launch control with it? Does it just work like stock or is there more to it with the tune?

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my windshield mount ready to go (shoutout to amazon for the stellar shipping) Accessport Comes in the mail tomorrow and I’m super excited!!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my windshield mount ready to go (shoutout to amazon for the stellar shipping) Accessport Comes in the mail tomorrow and I’m super excited!!

Just make sure you have it far enough up the window so the cable has room to bend or you could risk damaging the port on the bottom

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Im not a big fan of the windshield mount, I got my acessport on a phone magnet vent Mount

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Im not a big fan of the windshield mount, I got my acessport on a phone magnet vent Mount

I used my phone mount too, but only for a little bit to make sure the numbers were where they were supposed to be. Now it sits in my glovebox because I have a p3cars gauge with the analog boost tap.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I dont really launch my car. But i just use the standard VW launch control where you Stop. Be in Drive mode, Hold brake all the way(entire time), turn traction control off hold for 3 seconds(what i do to make sure its off), switch to sport/manual, add gas and it should stop revs at like 3500rpms i think and hold, Release brake within 3 seconds of adding throttle and boom you launched.

I dont have/use the cobb Launch control.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I dont really launch my car. But i just use the standard VW launch control where you Stop. Be in Drive mode, Hold brake all the way(entire time), turn traction control off hold for 3 seconds(what i do to make sure its off), switch to sport/manual, add gas and it should stop revs at like 3500rpms i think and hold, Release brake within 3 seconds of adding throttle and boom you launched.

I dont have/use the cobb Launch control.

Us Manual scum don't have that OEM lovliness..... Deffo going DSG when I sell the mk6 for a 7.5 R / 8V RS3