GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I have not. Will that potentially fix it? Btw I just drove it again after it sat for a while and everything seemed normal. I could floor it in every gear without stutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it won’t fix anything. It’s just to monitor how things are running before you attempt to actually do the pull in 3rd from 2500 rpm. After flashing, the ECU needs to adapt a little. I’m glad it feels better now. Just make sure you monitor what’s recommended by Stratified to make sure you’re within limits.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Anyone else waiting a long time for a stratified email response? Either they're extremely busy or dead...

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Got my AP yesterday and loaded up Cobbs OTS 93 Stage 1+ with stock MAF. I believe this was the correct one, since I don’t have Cobbs intake. AFR seem to be okay so far, haven’t driven that many miles on it. Only got on it once but oh man, the difference even with this tune is huge. Can’t wait to get my Stratified tune.

I've had the COBB 91 Stage 1+ for a little over a year. I just flashed Stratified's tune last week, and ohhh man you are in for a surprise if you think COBB's tune was a huge difference.

lleron

Ready to race!
Anyone else waiting a long time for a stratified email response? Either they're extremely busy or dead...

Be prepared to wait weeks between tunes/for a response. Apparently it's normal but I honestly find it quite frustrating as I've been going back and forth with my etune since last year and it's still not dialed in given it takes weeks for each revision.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Be prepared to wait weeks between tunes/for a response. Apparently it's normal but I honestly find it quite frustrating as I've been going back and forth with my etune since last year and it's still not dialed in given it takes weeks for each revision.

Extremly frustrating

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Alex was at Cobb U like 2-3 weeks ago and on top of that it's tax season so they're swamped. Don't hesitate to give them a ring if it's been a week or two and are looking for an update. The people who answer the phone are generally pretty friendly.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They are Extremely busy. There is only like 2-3 guys who work on tunes IIRC. Also add them on FB and you will see they are quite active.. they have been dead here on the forums lately but they regularly post on FB almost everyday.

pdan

Ready to race!
Just sent in my initial list of mods, they said 3-5 business days on the last page, I’m hoping to get it by next Friday.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Yes, like it has been said, they are very busy. If you have an urgent matter on your hands, call them. They've mentioned that plenty of times in this thread. Give them time, they run an excellent business, and I'm sure they are scaling it according to business.

ksandman

Ready to race!

This is why I found a pro tuner in my area. Not saying Alex and his team are capable, they obviously are, but I feel like they could be quicker or maybe they don’t care about most customers except a select few. The high volume of people going to them and not even just for our platform of course plays a factor, but when I protune on a dyno costs $500 and can be done in a day, it’s not worth saving $200 bucks. Plus if you have issues, you have access to knowledgeable techs at your disposal when at a shop getting a dyno tune if problems arise.

jeez

Ready to race!
I've been having this persistent problem where there's a loud whistle under boost and it's especially prominent when at part throttle when WGDC is around 40%. That's also what I've tracked it down to causing my limp mode. Not sure if it's software or hardware related - currently troubleshooting with Alex (he says I'm exceeding the low boost values) which causes limp mode - but I don't get any codes anymore....it just limps. Has anyone else had this? Already smoke and pressure tested to 25 PSI and nothing found.

If anyone knows, is there some leak that the pressure test wouldn't find? I mean the car is not running when the test is performed I assume so I wouldn't expect he wastegate to actuate or the exhaust to complain. Not sure what it could be. Wastegate? Exhaust? Vacuum? I do realize that vacuum is separate than boost but I am at a loss at this point. Doubt going back to the stock tune would help since I need lots of boost to make this happen, over 12. Also tunes made for the original MAP sensor are wildly unpredictable when you have the 3 BAR one, so that's a no no too.

This is why I found a pro tuner in my area. Not saying Alex and his team are capable, they obviously are, but I feel like they could be quicker or maybe they don’t care about most customers except a select few. The high volume of people going to them and not even just for our platform of course plays a factor, but when I protune on a dyno costs $500 and can be done in a day, it’s not worth saving $200 bucks. Plus if you have issues, you have access to knowledgeable techs at your disposal when at a shop getting a dyno tune if problems arise.

So my understanding is (if you did a dyno tune) is that dynos do not accurately represent road conditions. But I see why you would choose to do so.

Last edited:

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
CEL codes are not being thrown with the 93 Octane COBB OTS tune. Makes me think that the boost leak isn't showing up until the stratified tune with higher boost is loaded.

pdan

Ready to race!
I have the same whistling issue, developed after I got a Unitronic intake way before I got tuned, really need to get a GFB DV.

Also Stratified has been pretty responsive to me, sent them an email last week and they responded the same day. Also got my tune yesterday emailed to me yesterday, can’t wait to finally flash it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
looking into upgrading clutch before pulling trigger on this - what is everyone else running with this tune?