GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

LAGP

Ready to race!
Update

Here is a picture

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

After spending the better part of last Saturday morning installing the TB with the metal plate, the car was not able to idle steady and found out that the plate trns in the opposite direction. Fortunately after a couple of hours testing each wire and comparing it to a wiring diagram I found online I was able to make it work.

If anyone is willing to try this first you have to swap 4 wires in the connector, 2 for the TB motor an the other 2 for the TPS.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
After spending the better part of last Saturday morning installing the TB with the metal plate, the car was not able to idle steady and found out that the plate trns in the opposite direction. Fortunately after a couple of hours testing each wire and comparing it to a wiring diagram I found online I was able to make it work.

If anyone is willing to try this first you have to swap 4 wires in the connector, 2 for the TB motor an the other 2 for the TPS.

Could you explain more which 2pins/wires should be swapped?
Thanks

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I've changed roles leaving the Vw dealer after 10 years and starting a new venture with a company named DAP Repair. You may have heard of our parts side shopdap.com (Deutsche Auto Parts). We are located north of Charlotte in Cornelius.
Feel free to contact me with any repair/ maintenance/ performance questions or concerns. I still am a Unitronic dealer as well.
Stop by and say hi if your at Euro Ex.

Frankenmk6

Hey everyone,
I know it's not a big turbo but I've been having some issues tuning my car with the F23T. Would anyone be willing to look at my logs and tell me where I should start diagnosing the issue? Car is boost/intake/exhaust leak free

s word

Ready to race!
same, gallons of meth through it.

I had my TB give out two years back. Suspect the meth. But my W/M system early on did not have proper solenoid install so I was gushing at all moments. After proper solenoid I have not had issues.

adam.k6

So for those who have been successful with 450+hp on their GTI (not R) have you guys found it worth it? I don’t drag race but I do have interest in road courses for the future but more or less just want to build something fast enough to put a smile on my face and be able to pull with higher hp cars..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
So for those who have been successful with 450+hp on their GTI (not R) have you guys found it worth it? I don’t drag race but I do have interest in road courses for the future but more or less just want to build something fast enough to put a smile on my face and be able to pull with higher hp cars..

3071r and call it a day. I’m pretty sure a gti with 375whp would be a rocket ship. Shit, my k04 gti puts a smile on my face, especially when I beat cars that have 100 more who than I do.

I really think 350-400 is the sweet spot. Anything over 400whp could make for an unbalanced car. I think it would be too much power for the chassis but that’s just my opinion