GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse Tap for constant power (5 amp)

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I need to fuse-tap for constant power (5 amp) on my 2013 GTI.
Any particular fuse that you recommend that I fuse-tap for constant power (not switched)?
Thanks!

pdan

Ready to race!
Do you really mean constant power as in always on, or ignition on only?? When I hardwired my radar detector I think I tapped into the sunroof fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orient Express

Ready to race!
There are several fuse positions that do not have a fuse installed, but have power. Get your volt meter out and pick one then use a fuse tap to get the power. Each year of GTI/Golf model has a different fuse layout, so you have to do some hunting.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Do you really mean constant power as in always on, or ignition on only?? When I hardwired my radar detector I think I tapped into the sunroof fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes, constant, always-on power. It’s for dashcam with parking mode.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
There are several fuse positions that do not have a fuse installed, but have power. Get your volt meter out and pick one then use a fuse tap to get the power. Each year of GTI/Golf model has a different fuse layout, so you have to do some hunting.

Will do. Thanks much!

Orient Express

Ready to race!
Here are some of the slots that I have used:

The reason that there are two fuses on these add-a-circuit taps is that one if the original fuse that was in that position, and the other is the fuse for the new application.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Here are some of the slots that I have used:

The reason that there are two fuses on these add-a-circuit taps is that one if the original fuse that was in that position, and the other is the fuse for the new application.

Will I still need tow fuses if I'm tapping into an unused fuse slot?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I'm also installing a dashcam as well, can you let us know which fuse slot you used for always on? Thanks!
Mine is MY13. I checked and found that slots 22 and 33 are alway-on.
You might want to double check as VW changes fuse box config pretty much my to my. Hope it helps!