GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Its a bummer that the customer service seems to be so poor. I love the look of the lights but at sure a premium price it worries me that so many people seem to be having issues.

Their customer service sucks. Takes Frederik atleast 3+ weeks to get back to me and I've had endless convos with Zach at Mill City Auto both him and I have been emailing osram on my issue. They barely respond to either of us and he has been thinking about stopping business with them because Osram has been terrible especially with communication.

clownish

just clowning around
Is there any alternate way to seal them so they don't fog or is it an issue of heat from the bulbs and condensation etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Is there any alternate way to seal them so they don't fog or is it an issue of heat from the bulbs and condensation etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They fog up when the bulbs aren't even on.

Last edited:

kerp

Ready to race!
Anyone have their DRLs die on them yet? Got back from a trip to find my driver's side DRL strips dead. However, the marker light works fine.

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Anyone have their DRLs die on them yet? Got back from a trip to find my driver's side DRL strips dead. However, the marker light works fine.

Did you check the fuse thats in the line that connects to the battery? That's the line that powers the DRL's

kerp

Ready to race!
Did you check the fuse thats in the line that connects to the battery? That's the line that powers the DRL's

I'll check it out, thanks. Only assumed something was wrong since the marker was still working, figured they were powered off the same source.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I'll check it out, thanks. Only assumed something was wrong since the marker was still working, figured they were powered off the same source.

I figured it was worth checking as it pulls some power from the
headlight harness and additional power for the DRL's from the battery.

Hey Kerp, can you send me a screenshot of your long coding in central electronics?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm on the fence about either these or OEM bi-xenon's. I like how these look so much but it seems like a lot of people are having problems with them, which definitely shouldn't be the case for $1,000 headlights. Are there actually as many problems as this thread suggests or are those just a few outlying cases?

Zach0918

Ready to race!
I'm on the fence about either these or OEM bi-xenon's. I like how these look so much but it seems like a lot of people are having problems with them, which definitely shouldn't be the case for $1,000 headlights. Are there actually as many problems as this thread suggests or are those just a few outlying cases?

Ditto

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

I feel like it's more outlying cases or coding issues. The early passenger headlights would sometimes get spider cracks on the inside of the headlight lens. They promptly sent me a replacement. They didn't ask for the old headlight back, so I am going replace the lens or fix the inside finish. I also have an extra brand new drivers headlight, So I have a full extra set after I fix or replace the lens on the passenger side. They are the black version if any of you are interested in them since they will be way less than a brand new set for 1200, which is what they are going for now. I LOVE my headlight and after I corrected the coding on my car, I haven't had any issues outside of the initial passenger side batch issue. :)

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I feel like it's more outlying cases or coding issues. The early passenger headlights would sometimes get spider cracks on the inside of the headlight lens. They promptly sent me a replacement. They didn't ask for the old headlight back, so I am going replace the lens or fix the inside finish. I also have an extra brand new drivers headlight, So I have a full extra set after I fix or replace the lens on the passenger side. They are the black version if any of you are interested in them since they will be way less than a brand new set for 1200, which is what they are going for now. I LOVE my headlight and after I corrected the coding on my car, I haven't had any issues outside of the initial passenger side batch issue. :)
Let me know when you get those fixed up, if they work well and are black I would definitely be interested

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Let me know when you get those fixed up, if they work well and are black I would definitely be interested

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Would depend on price, I mean these were 850 at one point and with all the issues personally I’d be hesitant to buy them “refurbished” and I’m assuming with no waranty. They are amazing looking though and I’ve never seen a used pair for sale so I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding a buyer.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
They were 900 new shipped to me. My headlights have been great and the only "issue" I have had is with the headlight lens. The extra drivers headlight is BRAND NEW, not refurbished. I mean, you can feel free to buy them at 1200 new, I guess ;). I got the new one to replace a drivers side one that got damaged in an accident, but we were able to repair it this last week, so I have a brand new drivers in black and a passenger one with a lens defect, but prefect working order. So, I figured changing the lens would make it as good as new as that one was only on my car for 2 months, maybe. :)

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just a heads up, on the BurnAllTheMK6 fb page Cosmo just posted about emailing Osram directly and getting these for $880 shipped anywhere in the US. Not sure how long it goes for but that seems like a pretty good deal.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Just a heads up, on the BurnAllTheMK6 fb page Cosmo just posted about emailing Osram directly and getting these for $880 shipped anywhere in the US. Not sure how long it goes for but that seems like a pretty good deal.

Did they provide any contact info for who they spoke with at OSRAM?