GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Listing of Chicagoland Shops Thread

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Hats off to Jason & crew at Mobil One, Inc. I've never had anything but good service. Best indi shop up north, and by the way they are official Unitronic.

VW mount prospect -Autobarn mod friendly too.

Last edited:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Performance:
Komet Motorsports
1500 Foundry Street
St. Charles, IL 60174
(630) 584-5400

rigti9

Ready to race!
Anybody have any experience with Dub Werks up in Libertyville?

rigti9

Ready to race!
Mentioned on page 1..

Got it, yah I saw that. Mostly I was wondering if anyone had any work done there at all. Just general info interest more than specifics. I shot them an email asking what kind of work they do and parts they supply. Mostly wondering if they're an APR, GIAC, etc. type of shop. My best bet is probably to stop in and see for myself. lol

FlyLo1

Ready to race!
Got it, yah I saw that. Mostly I was wondering if anyone had any work done there at all. Just general info interest more than specifics. I shot them an email asking what kind of work they do and parts they supply. Mostly wondering if they're an APR, GIAC, etc. type of shop. My best bet is probably to stop in and see for myself. lol

Dub Werks is legit, haven't taken my car there but have good heard from many other's. Pretty sure they offer GIAC also.

rigti9

Ready to race!
Dub Werks is legit, haven't taken my car there but have good heard from many other's. Pretty sure they offer GIAC also.

Nice! I'll check them out soon and let everyone know, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solo1979

How about a mobile electronics group?

John Samp at Abt Electronics
1200 N Milwaukee
Glenview, IL 60025

He's had a zillion VWs of his own and will do quality mods, like remote starts, that other shops won't touch on our quirky v dubs. I've had 3 remote starts installed on VWs by him, including my 2012 GTI Autobahn and all have been flawless. ABT also stands behind their work with a lifetime warranty, just in case you do have any issue.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I work right over there - place is insane, and I hear the install costs are pretty high compared to other places, but I'm also sure the quality is high too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
How about a mobile electronics group?

John Samp at Abt Electronics
1200 N Milwaukee
Glenview, IL 60025

He's had a zillion VWs of his own and will do quality mods, like remote starts, that other shops won't touch on our quirky v dubs. I've had 3 remote starts installed on VWs by him, including my 2012 GTI Autobahn and all have been flawless. ABT also stands behind their work with a lifetime warranty, just in case you do have any issue.

btw, he did yours with KESSY then, yes? thats impressive... you know if he's done any on an MT autobahn?