GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKIV 1.8t GTi to MKVI Golf 2.5l

RABBIT FUR

Ready to race!
The 2.5 with a tune,cold air intake,and exhaust will perform very good and make the best noise of any volkswagon ever. The 5 cyl engine is very fun to drive with the stick and goes like stink on the highway. Intake and exhaust noise will make GTI owners green with envy. It's pure old school Audi. You won't be the fastest but it will have enough grunt to satisfy.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Would not trade a 1.8T nevAr lose for the 5-cylinder.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The I5 will be more reliable, and it sounds better. Its currently the most reliable engine VW makes aside from the 2.slow. It also runs on regular and has a timing chain so no timing belts are necessary unlike your 1.8

It all depends on what you want.

palma

Ready to race!
The I5 will be more reliable, and it sounds better. Its currently the most reliable engine VW makes aside from the 2.slow. It also runs on regular and has a timing chain so no timing belts are necessary unlike your 1.8

It all depends on what you want.

This is what makes me want one. The reliability of the 2.5 and the cheap gas. The insurance is cheaper too.

You can drive mine Bob!

I test drove one on Thursday. The only complaint I has was the fact there was a pretty big hesitation when taking off. Not sure if it was me or the car itself but it felt like it bogged then picked up pretty good.

There are only two white cars in the country right now and they would have to be shipped. The closest one is 580 miles away. This was my first choice.

palma

Ready to race!
Well I am happy to say that I am a proud owner of a 2013 United Grey Golf 2.5l in 5 speed flavor. :D

I will have to start a build thread here soon.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well I am happy to say that I am a proud owner of a 2013 United Grey Golf 2.5l in 5 speed flavor. :D

I will have to start a build thread here soon.

With convenience i hope?

palma

Ready to race!
With convenience i hope?

Oh for sure. Convenience and sunroof. I really wish they offered more in the 2.5 but ill take what they have. :thumbsup:

It also came with the optional 17" goal wheels.

I had the MK6 golf and i upgraded to a MK6 GTI.
Personally, the MK6 Golf is a fantastic car. everything was beyond my standards (except for a few electrical issues and water leak...) but the golf was amazing.
In terms of power, the golf was slower (obviously) but the 2.5 is definitely powerful enough for everyday drive. The only one thing that I would recommend is to get manual, because the Golf's auto gear box is rubbish. If I have to move back to a golf, I wouldn't mind at all (only for day to day driving, weekend is not enough). Besides, for the price, the Interior cannot get any better.