GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs evo?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Hey, not true! There are always ricers to pick on haha

No need to pick on them, they come looking for it. I can't count the number of times I've been asked if the car has a turbo. Some poor guy in a g37 driving "spiritedly" one night on the way home from the drag strip. I still had a 1/8 tank of 100 octane in the car.
Like kicking a puppy with its eyes still closed.
I imagine that would be the same kind of slaughter a gti would get vs an evo.

infanterene

Passed Driver's Ed
^ why did you get rid of it? The twin-clutch of the Evo is better programmed than DSG? I thought DSG is the best transmission existing on this planet :laugh:

They are the same tranny but with different tuning. A properly tuned dual clutch is the best:laugh:

I got rid of it because I hate rattles, I needed more trunk space, bad gas mileage so I traded it in for a z06. I actually regretted it. The z06 is only fun on the track.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
They are the same tranny but with different tuning. A properly tuned dual clutch is the best:laugh:

I got rid of it because I hate rattles, I needed more trunk space, bad gas mileage so I traded it in for a z06. I actually regretted it. The z06 is only fun on the track.

I think the SST is the Getrag PowerShift 6DCT470 and the DQ250 is made by VW. They're definitely similar though.

infanterene

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the SST is the Getrag PowerShift 6DCT470 and the DQ250 is made by VW. They're definitely similar though.

Bummer I thought they were the same. I hope my dsg feels as good as the evo once it's tuned.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Bummer I thought they were the same. I hope my dsg feels as good as the evo once it's tuned.

Don't worry. I can only speak for what I have (had), but a tune is a huge help for these DSGs, especially for cars making more power than stock.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
My buddy has an Evo X (tuned w/ exhaust, intake, bov), and I ran with him (I'm Uni stage 2)...

He pulled half a car on me from 30-100, but here's the big disclaimer: I'm far better at driving manual.

All things being equal, the Evo will dust a GTI any day of the week.

I'd be very interested to see my gf's Golf R up against his Evo once she goes Stage 1+, though. It might even be a contest through some corners now that her ESC/ESP can be deactivated.

Just my .02 and personal opinions :)

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Oh, and......