GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Features/Functions you don't like on the MK6

Deaks2

Ready to race!
My main annoyance is the gauge cluster. As it gets darker the backlight on the cluster dims to encourage you to turn on your lights. The probem is I park in a well-lit garage and I don't have any readable gauges until I am outside. Also, overcast days throw the system for a loop too.

The voice commands for the 2011 with the RCD510 and 9W7 are too basic, my friend's Acura TL is way better.

Others that I fixed:
DRL - VAGCOM to my fogs
Keyfob window and sunrof control - VAGCOM
Wheel bolts - stud conversion

I can't complain about my HVAC controls, Canada gets dual-zone Climatronic standard :)

The knobs and controls for the HVAC and sunroof are the only things that really get me with this car. You should be able to feel stops instead of having to take your eyes off the road to adjust.

Other than that, no real other issues with "features".

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The knobs and controls for the HVAC and sunroof are the only things that really get me with this car. You should be able to feel stops instead of having to take your eyes off the road to adjust.

The sunroof knob is notched so you know when its in the closed position.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!

Mines notched....

LikeABoss

I tried playing around with the radio today. I have the RCS 510. Is there anyway to change media inputs via steering wheel. As in go from radio to CD? Or disable the fade between changing songs?

I played around with the settings, modes, and buttons but couldn't find a solution for it.

If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be awesome. And Thanks in advance!

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Random annoyances - can you corroborate?

Wanted to float these by the forum and see if I'm the only one.

Windshield defroster - Seems like very little air is making it out the vents on top of the dash even on full output. Lots of fan noise, not much air flow, and very slow at clearing fog. Could it be a stuck actuator or something? (TSB plz)

Tire growl - are your P-Zero Neros still relatively quiet? Haven't had my alignment checked in a while, would that be a good indicator? 38k miles on the tires, reasonable tread depth. Growl is pretty pronounced particularly over 50 mph.

Bluetooth phone/music - Any possible way to get the RNS 310 to skip tracks on the phone's music player? Google Music app on Android 4.1, Galaxy Nexus. Also, not being able to select Bluetooth as an input before I press play on the device, even though it is connected, is pretty annoying.

JT641

Banned
Is there anyway of disabling the up shift arrow at the top of the central display so that it only displays the current gear selection. Also is there anyway of disabling the voice command button on the steering wheel, I frequently accidentally bump this which can be annoying at times.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
...my old car was a japanese car...feel is MUCH nicer IMO. Feel more connected to the road and the steering response feels sharper vs the VW steering.

thats odd. i owned 7 japanese cars before the GTI - honda, toyota, nissan and mazda and feel the polar opposite as you. you may be the first person to ever make such a statement.. are you sure you are driving a VW? maybe you should go on back home, get yourself a nice camry and let us know how nice that interior is and how connected to the road it feels... :w00t:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
thats odd. i owned 7 japanese cars before the GTI - honda, toyota, nissan and mazda and feel the polar opposite as you. you may be the first person to ever make such a statement.. are you sure you are driving a VW? maybe you should go on back home, get yourself a nice camry and let us know how nice that interior is and how connected to the road it feels... :w00t:

Ahhemm the Camry SE is "grounded to the ground"