GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs. Asics Shihans

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm wondering if I can throw a 8" sub on there

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I wish we could give out rep points on this board... OMGZ.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Odor Eaters spray.....gives you that nice new shoe smell you had from day one.

gkallis

Ready to race!

spinners

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
My buddy told me talking the insole out of it will reduce a lot of unneeded weight, but you might get more vibrations, but it's worth it

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Man, put a mean stretch on those.. ya know, like a 215 tire on a 9.5" wide rim... its so... gross.

Ivoryplum

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you guys think about the staggered effect?

Since I'm running front heel drive, I'm not sure if this would be beneficial.
I rolled my ankle coming up to the curb the other day, and think this staggered look would only make that worse.

Ivoryplum

Passed Driver's Ed
I also fabricated a custom wheelie bar, that helps out a ton.
PM me if anyone wants me to make one for them. $750, NOT including shipping. Serious inquires only.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you guys think about the staggered effect?

I really don't like the look of staggered on my model, and I've heard that it really negatively affects performance. Ugly cosmetic mod that hurts performance? No thanks!

Boo1

Ready to race!
I'm an Asics guy. Tried NB and Brooks recently. Back to my beloved Gel-Landreth. Though, I find its a lot easier to do negative splits in the GTI.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm an Asics guy. Tried NB and Brooks recently. Back to my beloved Gel-Landreth. Though, I find its a lot easier to do negative splits in the GTI.
Real shoe talk: I like my Shihans, but I like the (Onitsuka Tiger, Asics vintage brand) Ultimate 81s a bit better, although the mesh over the toes is too open to wear on trips to cold weather.

My daily drivers are actually Cobian sandals, and sometimes I wear Sperry Top-Siders (the look of leather shoes, the convenience of sandals, and also the official shoe of boats).