GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what would you pay for a 2014 wolfsburg manual?

ridgway

This is my first time financing a car and buying more than a junker, so I want to explore all my research sources out there...I am in the market for a GTI and am looking primarily used for affordability reasons. I found a 2014 Wolfsburg M/T with 6800 miles (not certified pre-owned) and would like some advice from everyone on about how much this should sell for. Edmunds indicates 21.5k, but this seems a little high to me considering it is the last model year and really not that much less than a brand new. Opinions?

p.s. I am really excited about buying a GTI to replace my old Passat wagon and look forward to reading around on the forum!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
If you like options, wolfsburg is a bad choice. you can definitely find a '12 or '13 CPO Autobahn or Driver's Edition (respectively) w/ ~20k miles for ~$21.5k. Just gotta be willing to drive 100 or 200 miles to get it ;).

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
These cars hold their value pretty well, so it doesn't surprise me that's the price they're looking to get. You might be able to knock it down to around 19k if you're a good haggler and if they didn't over pay for it from the original owner, but I wouldn't expect to find a Wolfsburg or a DE for much cheaper.

I'd say it's not a bad thing either. Might not be superb for your budget, but it's great for all of us guys who bought one, resale value is fantastic :)
There's one in my area that's got 70k miles, asking $17k for it, and I'm sure they'll probably get at least $15.5k for it.

Just my thoughts :D

Last edited: