GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Hmm ive never seen that guy the humble mechanic, but his videos are spot on.

I believe he is a VW dealership service manager. Really great videos with insider knowledge.

Honestly I wonder if this ECU update has anything to do with emissions. I have seen articles saying GTI's are affected but VW has denied it.

He's a shop foreman/ master technician at a Vw dealer here in Nc. Follow him on Instagram for some funny situations at the dealer.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
He's a shop foreman/ master technician at a Vw dealer here in Nc. Follow him on Instagram for some funny situations at the dealer.

Will do because I was an enthusiast first...

But I see my fair share of completely stupid, blown up, backwards installed stuff being a tech...it never gets old.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Will do because I was an enthusiast first...

But I see my fair share of completely stupid, blown up, backwards installed stuff being a tech...it never gets old.

Haha everyday there is something new/stupid/crazy I see in the shop, I work at a Vw dealer for almost 10 years now.
Where in Ny are you at, I'm originally from Long Island.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Long island...I grew up upstate and my foreman recruited me to do this as a livong...best (?) And worst decison.

adema69

Ready to race!
Beware if you get the update then your at the mercy of the tuner to come out with a patch. I have unitronic stg2 + and now aftwe update I'm stuck with a stock file until they update there files. The vw update at least for my car fixed the random no starts as the ecu wasn't sending the correct fuel pressure to the lpfp.
So for the time being I have a ko4 meth car running stock 10psi no fun....

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Yes, as long as there is a file available matching whatever the updated software version is now.

I will try and get an answer to your second question.

Thank you sir! I'm pretty sure this update will solve the long crank issue I've been having but I would rather not have it at the cost of my tune.

[Driver Motorsport's F23 Tune]

zrickety

The Fixer
Very happy with my 2010, I'd rather the dealer never touches it again.

adema69

Ready to race!
No run your vw on the vw recall site and it will let you know if this tsb is available for your car. If your not in the vin range vw is offering then it doesn't apply to that car

justsomeguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya' know, certainly most likely a "placebo" effect - but - I feel the car is running much smoother after this VAG update :iono: I was also ready to finally pull the trigger on a tune but this type of issue makes me hesitate again. It's interesting to see that VAG is still interested in the code and makes updates years into the model run and even after it has ended. Will the tuners do the same; incorporate this change, push it to their customers? Is there a benefit to the upgrade that I want besides the extended warranty on the FP?

Who knows.....

Back to the do it / don't do it mind torture. Live with the missing torque and just enjoy the handling improvements I've made.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
So... can we get the tuner to apply the VW update as part of the flashing process to get an new tune file or new release? Maybe a two step process - flash to updated stock and then add tune.
Bypassing VW.
Or do we have to go to VW to get the update, loose the tune and then back to the tuner for a reflash to a file comparable to s0040 (hopefully not undoing the good the VW update takes care of)?
Any need to get flashed to stock before going to VW (if you know there is a TD1 code applied already)?

adema69

Ready to race!
^negative this is through vw not your tuner. Only vw can update the ecu with there software. No need to get flashed to stock as it will overwrite any software on it before. As of now I called apr and giac they already have updated tunes for this seems like unitronic is slacking and has no eta when they will....

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
^negative this is through vw not your tuner. Only vw can update the ecu with there software. No need to get flashed to stock as it will overwrite any software on it before. As of now I called apr and giac they already have updated tunes for this seems like unitronic is slacking and has no eta when they will....

Ok thanks. For better piece of mind and if we don't want a TD1 code flagged (if we know it hasn't been already) we will need to get it put back to stock at the tuner (pay money) then go to VW for the update. Then back to the tuner for a tune file compatible with the update S0040 version.

I need this for the longer cranking.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

Please send me an email at john [at] unitronic [dot] ca or give me a call at 1-866-341-2447 ext. 117.