GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
I have a '99 for sale :w00t:

I'm toying with the idea of buying something else after the GTI is paid off and keeping the GTI for summer/fun. So would need a reliable DD that is capable during the winter (AWD or 4x4). 4R has crossed my mind or something 4x4.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I'm toying with the idea of buying something else after the GTI is paid off and keeping the GTI for summer/fun. So would need a reliable DD that is capable during the winter (AWD or 4x4). 4R has crossed my mind or something 4x4.

What are your plans with it? I just picked up a 4door wrangler to replace my 4R. Now I am thinking of getting a base 2door manual version to keep at the office for when I need to go downtown and I have my truck.

4R is great for daily driving. My only gripe is they haven't upgraded the trans (5 speed) or the engine (4.0) in them yet. They have better trans and v6 engines in their other cars for a while now. What are they waiting for? One of the main reasons I got out of the Tundra was the lack of engine/drivetrain upgrades in new models.

If you want something to mod and have fun with, check out the wrangler. Not as family friendly though.

The new Cherokee has a refresh in 2019 and they are giving away the 2018s. 11K under sticker right now and probably cheaper next month. You can get a top of the line with pano roof, V6. awd, heated leathers, nav, tow, etc for 25K. V6 awd base models for 18K. That's a bargain because what other AWD vehicle can you get for that price with those options?

Jaber

Modero
What are your plans with it? I just picked up a 4door wrangler to replace my 4R. Now I am thinking of getting a base 2door manual version to keep at the office for when I need to go downtown and I have my truck.

4R is great for daily driving. My only gripe is they haven't upgraded the trans (5 speed) or the engine (4.0) in them yet. They have better trans and v6 engines in their other cars for a while now. What are they waiting for? One of the main reasons I got out of the Tundra was the lack of engine/drivetrain upgrades in new models.

If you want something to mod and have fun with, check out the wrangler. Not as family friendly though.

The new Cherokee has a refresh in 2019 and they are giving away the 2018s. 11K under sticker right now and probably cheaper next month. You can get a top of the line with pano roof, V6. awd, heated leathers, nav, tow, etc for 25K. V6 awd base models for 18K. That's a bargain because what other AWD vehicle can you get for that price with those options?

Plans with it would be to drive in the winter and to be able to throw shit in it (yard stuff, house stuff, etc) and NGAF. I thought about the Wrangler, but would be out of my price range and wouldn't have a lot of room to throw stuff in it. Realistically, my budget would be $10k-$12k OTD. Have to wait until the dust settles once we move into our new house in April and GTI gets paid off end of year, to be able to really determine what we can afford and want to get.

I wouldn't mind an All Track doe :D

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So to go along with the updates...

My backyard views.

Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park as seen from my backyard.

Not my pic but this is the single track that is about 45 seconds away from my front yard.

The 4runner on a ski slope in summer.

My actual ski lift while it was still running.

My ski lift at home when I finished it.

A bit of the home remodel

1300lbs dry, 110hp, 29" tires, 16" of front suspension travel, 18" or rear suspension travel, 13" of ground clearance, its fuckin bonkers!

And little man hitting the slopes.

Leaving Illinois = WINNING

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Plans with it would be to drive in the winter and to be able to throw shit in it (yard stuff, house stuff, etc) and NGAF. I thought about the Wrangler, but would be out of my price range and wouldn't have a lot of room to throw stuff in it. Realistically, my budget would be $10k-$12k OTD. Have to wait until the dust settles once we move into our new house in April and GTI gets paid off end of year, to be able to really determine what we can afford and want to get.

I wouldn't mind an All Track doe :D
I like the alltrack idea. Much want!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Got an email from a vendor. Looked funny so I replied back. I got a return message saying it was real. I texted the guy and he said he did not send any emails today. Wonder how many people are gonna fall for this one.

Good Day,

Hope all is well.

please kindly see the attached for instructions to access new work quote. To review the quote, Open the attached PDF and Follow the instruction on the PDF to enable you review correctly.

Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

Regards,

Thanks for the heads up.

This is from me, Open the attached PDF and Follow the instruction on the PDF to enable you review requested quote correctly.

P.S : It's confidential and highly important

Login to review and let me know your opinion.

Regards

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
ChiChat16: PSA That Blind Spots Don't Exist If You Adjust Your Mirrors Properly

Roy scan your shit with malware bytes. PDF may be Infected since that appears to be a phishing scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.