GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To wash or not to wash.... That is the question

Justinp82

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually wash once or twice a month, wax usually once every 3. I do however keep a spray bottle with some ONR and a couple Microfiber towels in the hatch to wash off bird crap and the like.

Having a garage helps though.

Gamx35

Ready to race!
If you wash your car more than few times a week, then you might need to find other thing to do (or find yourself a girl friend). At the end, this is only a car. I wax the car once a month and wash the car 2 to 3 times a month pending on the weather and road condition.

MKVI-DRVR

Ready to race!
If I were you OP I would wash and clay the car real good, possibly use the DA on it then apply 2 coats of a good sealant like JetSeal 109. This will protect your clear from having any etching or rainwater really affect it inbetween wash schedules. Apply a layer of wax on top and it gives it even more protection.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
i try to wash once every 2 weeks. i still think thats a bit much because my car isnt really dirty at the end of the second week.

gogtigo1

Ready to race!
Once a week, if needed. Bugs get QD'd as necessary. Having a black car, I try to not touch it much even using a grit guard, and 1-2 bucket method and Optimum ONR or Optimum waterless wash and thick plush microfibers. Sadly, the car gets parked in a very dusty area.

I've had the car have a full paint correction for some issues and I'm trying my best to maintain what the detailer did protection wise.

Of course, it also depends on where you park, windy, dusty, rainy, etc.

Linnie8

i try to wash once every 2 weeks.

Skirball

Ready to race!
With CW the rear hatch is visibly coated in dust after just my morning commute, the morning following a wash. It's really freaking annoying.

McQueen77

Banned
Parking outdoors youll never win. Garaged, i can usually go 2 weeks. I rarely have bugs or anything and i stay on top of the waxing for max protection, like 4 times a year at least. I washed it a lot more when it was new

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
With CW the rear hatch is visibly coated in dust after just my morning commute, the morning following a wash. It's really freaking annoying.

same. i live in the sticks, so as soon as im done washing my car, its pretty much dirty again. i never win!