GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the DQ250 DSG & S tronic TCU Upgrade!

Jamaicanmk6

Question: I did the dsg tune and I see very saying the MFD shows a shift indicator. How do I turn this on? Or is it something automatically shown on the MFD

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Question: I did the dsg tune and I see very saying the MFD shows a shift indicator. How do I turn this on? Or is it something automatically shown on the MFD

I think maybe you misunderstood. Most people are just talking about the fact that after the tune, in D or S mode, a number showing you which gear you are in will now appear in the upper right-hand corner of the mfd, next to the mode letter, instead of only showing D or S as it did before getting tuned. .

Or is that what you meant but you are not seeing the numbers?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
From what I have seen it should be automatic and it can't be controlled or switch on or off.
Maybe they sold you a tune without giving you the tune. That's awful. I'd get in touch with your tuner asap. And if the tune wasn't applied kick up some shit and report them to apr.
What else would verify the tune has been applied? I would think the main verification is the gear numbers and then the feel when driving. Does the driving feel different?

Jamaicanmk6

From what I have seen it should be automatic and it can't be controlled or switch on or off.
Maybe they sold you a tune without giving you the tune. That's awful. I'd get in touch with your tuner asap. And if the tune wasn't applied kick up some shit and report them to apr.
What else would verify the tune has been applied? I would think the main verification is the gear numbers and then the feel when driving. Does the driving feel different?

The driving does feels different.I'm not sure what happened I'll call them on Tuesday when they open. To see what the deal is , also I called Apr and they said they would get back to me.

Tucker3381

Ready to race!
The driving does feels different.I'm not sure what happened I'll call them on Tuesday when they open. To see what the deal is , also I called Apr and they said they would get back to me.

I also had a tune say complete, but not actually work, meaning I did not see the numbers next to D. For my application, I also did not get launch control activated. My tuner had to flash again, and he chose a different option (IIRC, there were 2 items in a dropdown asking what type of transmission) and I now have the number next to the mode.

Jamaicanmk6

I also had a tune say complete, but not actually work, meaning I did not see the numbers next to D. For my application, I also did not get launch control activated. My tuner had to flash again, and he chose a different option (IIRC, there were 2 items in a dropdown asking what type of transmission) and I now have the number next to the mode.

Great info thanks for the help. I just wanna make sure its not something I'm missing. I'll be back at the dealer on Tue to get the reflash done. So just to clarify did your car feel Any different after the first flash that didn't show the numbers in D or S mode?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Arin said there were 500 combinations, which makes their tune so unique, possible may have tried the wrong one? If it's anything like the ECU tunes it should be very noticeable. Like as much as it costs noticeable.
Get his # from one of the APR guys or PM him.

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You should still kick up at fuss at the tuner. They should know to check they did their work correctly and should check before sending you on your way.
You could be living hours away and now having to drive many hours again and spend money on fuel because of their issue and inexperience. Maybe that applies to you or maybe it doesn't.
They should at least give you the install fee back.

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
It seems there are too many variables to say "mpg is decreased/increased" - hence the inaccurate to some degree, yet revered factory claims of all cars.

Yes it will take some time to get figures of more or less, and even then need to be taken with context. But this is the place to report the data. The MFD puts out an actual MPG number, which is probably more reliable than the butt dyno "more responsive" subjective type metrics we are seeing for other results.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Got the tune Friday. So far it's awesome. Maybe I just don't remember, but shifts are better than they were at stock power levels. I especially love manual mode downshifts (specifically 4-3 and 3-2). They are butter smooth like you would hope. In D, shifts happen much more accordingly to throttle and load. It has never once felt like it shifted too soon. S mode is a little better, but then again, it's mostly too aggressive for most people/regular roads anyway.

Thanks APR!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Arin,

Is there plans to update APR mobile to work with this DSG tune?
i.e user to be able to control things like the follow:

1. Gear indication in MFD on or off
  2. selectable apr pre-optimized shift patterns
  3. adjustable launch control rpm
  4. define manual max rpm
  5. manual mode auto upshift on or off
  6. manual mode down shift on or off
  7. etc

Can the apr dongle/app communicate with the TCU through the obd-ii port?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Went to local apr tune shop for second time to try to get flashed but they are lost. I had to leave i was running late to work. I thought it was a 30min job? Smh... Time to go to a bigger shop!!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
You got it I'm not seeing the numbers.Do I have to turn it on or does it show automatically?

If you are not seeing the numbers, just give us a call. We'll check the vin, check the file, and make an update if necessary.

Arin,

Is there plans to update APR mobile to work with this DSG tune?
i.e user to be able to control things like the follow:

1. Gear indication in MFD on or off
  2. selectable apr pre-optimized shift patterns
  3. adjustable launch control rpm
  4. define manual max rpm
  5. manual mode auto upshift on or off
  6. manual mode down shift on or off
  7. etc

Can the apr dongle/app communicate with the TCU through the obd-ii port?

We're looking into Mobile and DSG because there's a lot we would like to control. I don't know yet what all will be possible.