GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

PortPP2015

2.4 and DSG

$60 for install, but well worth it. Very smooth and more power off line in Drive mode. Before, drive mode off line was sluggish.

Folks in Oregon, use Downtown Automotive (Eugene) if you can. Top notch customer service, knowledge and work.

Can't say the same for the "other" APR dealer in Portland/Beaverton (there's only one).

StoutGuard

Flashed to stage one yesterday, took 2 hours to upload, shop said the longest they have ever seen. Didnt charge me anything for labor (they are some good guys) unfortunately had issues soon after.

Pasted fron VWVortex:

Well got the flash to APR Stage 1 with Stock/91/93/Valet!

Also have no more traction in 1-3 with winter tires.

Ohh and got a CEL for p2015 which means I am going to need a new intake manifold. Luckily VIN is under the extended factory warranty on intake manifolds. Should see how the dealer likes the flash, will throw it back to stock before going in and play dont as dont tell. From everything I have seen they should still replace under warranty. I purchased 2 years ago CPO and am at currently 49.5k miles.

A Lot more power! Just unfortunately cannot put it to the ground with current road/tore conditions!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ohh and got a CEL for p2015 which means I am going to need a new intake manifold. Luckily VIN is under the extended factory warranty on intake manifolds. Should see how the dealer likes the flash, will throw it back to stock before going in and play dont as dont tell. From everything I have seen they should still replace under warranty. I purchased 2 years ago CPO and am at currently 49.5k miles.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2489284#post2489284

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Lucky you. I was just told the update fee is $500 HKD (~USD$65)
FML :thumbdown:

That sucks but I guess it beats paying full price again right? My dealer I was lucky to go to doesn't charge for the reflash and let me walk out without paying a dime (shocking). He did offer to add the NLS and Launch Control though and I passed. Can't see myself ever finding a need to use them.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Flashed to stage one yesterday, took 2 hours to upload, shop said the longest they have ever seen. Didnt charge me anything for labor (they are some good guys) unfortunately had issues soon after.

Pasted fron VWVortex:

Well got the flash to APR Stage 1 with Stock/91/93/Valet!

Also have no more traction in 1-3 with winter tires.

A Lot more power! Just unfortunately cannot put it to the ground with current road/tore conditions!

Same here. Honestly, it's not even worth it trying to boost around in winter tires. They aren't meant to grip the road and if anything your going to wear them out even faster. Just going to have to suffer the long wait for Spring to show up and we can finally ditch them. I'm stoked to finally try this car with straight summer tires since I've been rocking the stock all seasons that came with the car up until now. They will be removed and summers will go on this Spring :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Uberryan

Banned
No further issues yet with the O2 sensors. Mileage appears to be back to normal. Finally hooked up my P3 to read proper boost levels again and it shows spiking from 21.3-22.2 psi so far on moderate pulls. Impressive. On 1.2, I only had spikes at 20.4 psi.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
No further issues yet with the O2 sensors. Mileage appears to be back to normal. Finally hooked up my P3 to read proper boost levels again and it shows spiking from 21.3-22.2 psi so far on moderate pulls. Impressive. On 1.2, I only had spikes at 20.4 psi.

Is boost pressure related to fuel octane?

I'm seeing people post their boosting/peaking at 21-22psi, while im only peaking at 17 psi. Is that because im running 91 fuel and others are running 93?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Specified boost is set at 20 psi and is at 15 psi for the low output file. (91 anyway - should be same for 93).
Brief spikes above these can be seen when that is called for and it builds and will settle back near specified value.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Specified boost is set at 20 psi and is at 15 psi for the low output file. (91 anyway - should be same for 93).
Brief spikes above these can be seen when that is called for and it builds and will settle back near specified value.

Are you positive Is this info written somewhere?

Uberryan

Banned
More octane means higher resistance to detonation. Increases in power and mileage is a product of this. Would you build more boost on a higher octane level? Possibly, but not a noticeable amount between 91 and 93... maybe from 91 and 105 sure.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Yes. Doesn't need to be written.
It's what I tested it as.
Maybe you are set on the low output file if you see 16-17 peak. Or have a leak

You tested on 91 correct?

I ask because i've asked a few multiple running a stage 2 tune from APR and they've reported the same boost, around 16-17 PSI peak. I wonder if APR could chime in.