GOLFMKV

I miss stick shift.. #coolstorybro

quality_sound

hmm.......
yeah bro, but .2 seconds faster!:iono: #becauseshiftsfasterthanican

Much like sex, it's more about the feel than how fast you can do it. :thumbsup:

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Got to drive a MT cooper S for a few months over summer, so I pretty much got my sickness taken care of :D I'd switch cars every time I went out

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Being stuck in 40 min outbound Holland Tunnel traffic yesterday reminded me how much of an amazing compromise the DSG is

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Being stuck in 40 min outbound Holland Tunnel traffic yesterday reminded me how much of an amazing compromise the DSG is

Being stuck on 95 for 3 hours trying to drive 36 miles made me want to trade my manual in. :(

allset

Go Kart Champion
stick rules, more intimate experience and gives more control over the car.

and yes traffic sucks but prob only drawback.

kashak

Ready to race!
The feeling of holding that stick and putting it where it belongs is like no other. Ok, that sounded a bit weird

Finkikus

Ready to race!
No matter how bad sitting in traffic is on and around campus, banging through the gears right when you get out of traffic is completely worth having a manual.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
I dont know... DSG is the way to go in Toronto... probably like most peoples area with crazy traffic and commutes!

BS2H

Ready to race!
I'va had this MT for a year and a half now, and I do kinda wish I had a DSG. While the MT keeps you engaged, the 1-2 shifts around town and the lurching and notchy shifter sometimes gets annoying.

I would love a DSG GTI as a daily and an M3/Cayman/911 etc... in stick for the weekend or when I feel like rowing my own gears.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
old discussion based on personal preference is old.