GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally had that moment of pure satisfaction

McQueen77

Banned
Sorta

I'm trying to keep the modding to a minimum until my warranty is up. Every once and a while i'll buy something small for the car like the autotech insert or my carbonio intake but I am very pleased with the car the way it is. I guess some people want more out of the car but after 2 years of ownership I'm still happy every time I get into it and drive...

Then vote in my poll brah!
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29543

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Cool man, we should meet up some time. I just got a vag com but have absolutely no idea how to use it.

I'm from White Plains too, lawls. Still haven't found my "satisfaction" point. Will be getting a APR FMIC, Ko4, AWE ToP, and APR Stage 2 Intake Pipe sometime in January/February. Agreed on meeting up =D I can steal your Vag. =D Jk.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
I don't really think I'm done for good...but I don't have as big of an itch right now as I've had in the past. Ko4 is most likely the next step down the line. But I don't feel like I "need it" as I've felt about every other mod I've done.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
you could've kept your akrapovic man, but yeah i remember your ear problem too bad you had to get rid of it.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
I don't really think I'm done for good...but I don't have as big of an itch right now as I've had in the past. Ko4 is most likely the next step down the line. But I don't feel like I "need it" as I've felt about every other mod I've done.

I do. Hehe. Ive got a very bad mod bug. :( haha. Do you go to any local meets?

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I feel your satisfaction and we could add me in this list.

I knew I would mod the car before I buy it, I replaced my red 2008 rabbit directly with a 2010 gti. This alone was the biggest upgrade but now that I can compare a 2008 rabbit -> 2008 rabbit lightly modded -> 2010 Gti -> 2010 gti modded, I can say that the old 2008 rabbit kinda look like a golf Racecar without rollcage now :laugh:

I could get a K04 turbo later, catback, Forge twincooler,etc...
But I realized that race maintenance alone, tires, brakes, are expensive, so, I might pass some mods without regret. Like I said, I feel already good :)

Im gonna try to keep it as long as I can, with good hopes to tough a total of 8-10 years.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
As far as the mod bug is concerned, I have it but I have set a satisfaction goal or an end goal. The plan has changed only once otherwise I'm about half way along to where I want to be. Originally I wanted stage 2 APR which seems like the middle point as I had mentioned in another thread about the K04, but after talking to Arin the APR guy, I think its K04 as its about 2400 with the tuning included. It doesn't make sense to not spend the 1800 more for the pieces as I'd have spent the 600 for the software anyhow and perhaps all I really need to add is an inter-cooler to the parts I've already purchased.

I realize I'm saying this and thinking, alright, I'm done thereafter, the only thing left as far as parts go is wheels/tires. I might spend on a few small mods such as the inlet/outlet pipes between now and the middle of the year when the K04 is purchased, however thereafter, definitely done. I have sways, coils, intake, 3" catless DP, a few other small mods that I've amassed to have installed, I'm at the point, K04 or stage 2 and done. The thought of 300+ hp drives me to spend a bit extra and be satisfied at that.

Hopefully I wont need a new clutch, lol

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Just need a new clutch, then I'm good too.

Same here.

APR Stage 2, UR Downpipe, Modshack intake, S3 Shifter, Insert, OZ Wheels, Pilot Super Sports, Stud/Lugnut conversion, DG Springs, H&R RSB, P3 gauge and VAG-Com. (I think that's everything)

My commuter is complete.

Last edited:

JohnnieCroat

Ready to race!
Yea man, I feels you. I just installed my Magnaflow CBE. My carbonino stage 1 should be here tomorrow.
Can't wait till Waterfest to buy the APR stage 1 tune and rear sway bar.

BTW, I'm from Harrison and I am always in WP.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Yea man, I feels you. I just installed my Magnaflow CBE. My carbonino stage 1 should be here tomorrow.
Can't wait till Waterfest to buy the APR stage 1 tune and rear sway bar.

BTW, I'm from Harrison and I am always in WP.

what color is your car? I used to live in mamaroneck and I haven't seen any other mk6 GTI around, just several mkv's.