GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Always loved the GTI, now looking to finally get one.

edgary

Ready to race!
Thats what I thought but Ive called and seached, the problem is why its hard to find is that usually when people get Xenons they get leather, but I want the plaid so that wont work.

I also wanted to get Xenons and no leather, and I did have to wait a little while to get it, and I didn't get as better price as zag.com showed. Like I said, there has to be a compromise somewhere.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
What would YOU do: Get Xenons because their awesome and rare for 25.7k

OR

Get halogen for 23 and save some cash, but have to replace bulbs more frequently?

Cause this way it looks like Im paying 2.7k for a 700$ option. But on the other hand their more rare on cars and offer much better visibility.

edgary

Ready to race!
What would YOU do: Get Xenons because their awesome and rare for 25.7k

OR

Get halogen for 23 and save some cash, but have to replace bulbs more frequently?

Cause this way it looks like Im paying 2.7k for a 700$ option. But on the other hand their more rare on cars and offer much better visibility.

Well, Xenons are a steal as a $700 option, if you're interested at all. $2,700 is stretching it. If I were presented with the same car minus Xenons for $23,000, I would take it. It just depends on how much you're willing to pay for Xenons, and I personally wouldn't pay that much to get them. But, I'm a cheap bastard :laugh:

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, I'd see if there's any other dealers in the area. Someone nearby probably has what you're looking for. If you're okay paying it, then that's up to you. I got my 2-door, sunroof, bi-xenons for $24k... made them throw in the mud mats, got $1,500 trade-in for the cruddiest '95 Bonneville with broken taillights you'll ever see, and got 1.9% financing for 60 months. And I hardly even have a credit history. Took me two days of dealing, probably 10 hours at the dealership, but well worth the money I saved. Plus the dealership didn't have the car, they had to bring it in from another dealership. Hope any info helps.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Now the other dealership is saying its 24.1k for with Halogens. In my opinion Xenons are a great investement in terms of visibility and safety, and they add value to the car.

Also, LilZim when did you buy your car? Cause I looked at dealerships in MD and none have what Im looking for, most of the dealer I talk to say there are few GTI's with xenons in the US cause VW isnt sending that many here, so technially their considered more rare.

All in all I think Im going to go with the Xenons, cause for a 700$ option it would cost well over 2k to have them customely placed in.