GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauge issue input needed ASAP

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
So I gave a quick pull in third gear and everything is running fine but when I looked at the boost gauge in the neighborhood it was at 10 on the left side and it's normally at 28 to the left it's a newsouth performance gauge dunno if that has anything to do with it. Can someone tell me what's going on the needle will move up a little when I rev it I haven't tried boosting with the gauge like this either

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Ya wha???

Try rewording that better. It doesn't make sense. And give more description.
It is at 28 whats under what driving conditions?
You haven't tried boosting with the gauge installed? You drive the car. It shows the boost psi and vacuum readings. So, it has.
It does move only slightly from around ~20mmHg if you rev the car in neutral.

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
Ya wha???

Try rewording that better. It doesn't make sense. And give more description.
It is at 28 whats under what driving conditions?
You haven't tried boosting with the gauge installed? You drive the car. It shows the boost psi and vacuum readings. So, it has.
It does move only slightly from around ~20mmHg if you rev the car in neutral.
Had the boost gauge and tap installed for over a year

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If the car is not in boost, the boost gauge will show vacuum. That's normal.

simpson110

Ready to race!
Check the line from the boost tap to the gauge. You probably have a small hole worn through somewhere.

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
Ok I'll check that I noticed there is a little bit of oil going through the boost tap. And also for everyone the car runs fine I boost no problem it's the fact that the gauge is not moving anymore

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
My awe gauge has been acting flaky lately. It stages funny and calibrates the zero point wrong, then it's screwed for a while. After I power down the car for a while it seems to fix itself, but even a restart doesn't clear it. It doesn't zero out when the car powers off, it'll sit there wherever if though the idle point was. Odd. Come back a few hours later and start the car it's fine, but turn it off and restart and it doesn't fix it.

I checked the line and my filter still seems clean, so not thinking its oil, but....

Anyone else seen an AWE gauge do this?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If the boost gauge isn't moving, you have a break in the line. Check connections