GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low coolant! Oh no

46defense

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the light on Sunday and immediately thought, oh no, my water Pump!
All I ever hear about so I'm assuming it's the only thing that ever happens to an mk6 cooling system... Lol. Level was low, topped it off, and waiting for a chance to get up on the ramps and check it out under there. Dealer after that I'm sure..

exedotbat

Ready to race!
I had the low coolant light come on last year. I topped it off and brought it to the dealer. They didn't find anything, and its been fine since. Knock on wood.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TheGuyWithaGTI

Same thing happened to me. Coolant always looked low, dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong so they just topped it off. Before my next 10k service, the light came on. Dealer said they found a small hole in my radiator and they replaced it under warranty. Coolant level hasn't budged since then.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the club... 3 pumps and counting here.... lets see who can break some records around here lol.

46defense

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't bother. call the dealer now. Get it in. You know what it is, it is under warranty, why fuck around yourself?

You are probably dead on with that advice, I am just in the habit of never going there until I've exhausted everything I can do on a car with no warranty. So when I do have a warranty it's hard to break that habit! Maybe that's the fun of looking under there... I know I don't have to do the work like I usually do!

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Also had this light come on last night. I've had one water pump replaced during my ownership about 10,000 miles ago. I checked and it is a little low. Hoping it won't have to go in again.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Look down in your engine bay right behind the radiator, is there coolant leaking in the undertray that you can see? This is not the "waterpump" failure, this is the COOLANT pump that has been known to have leaks in the pump itself, i've seen a couple people where the coolant actually just leaked from the radiator itself or a busted tube, but most it's the leaky pump

46defense

Passed Driver's Ed
I never did get my car up on the ramps this week, but I did make an appt for 9:00 am on Monday! While not having a car available to me on the day I called didn't surprise me, it did strike me as kind of odd when he told me he didn't have the pump in stock. Meanwhile, my top off of the overflow tank yesterday didn't even last the whole day. Have to stick more to the Harley this weekend I guess...

thez99

Go Kart Champion
I never did get my car up on the ramps this week, but I did make an appt for 9:00 am on Monday! While not having a car available to me on the day I called didn't surprise me, it did strike me as kind of odd when he told me he didn't have the pump in stock. Meanwhile, my top off of the overflow tank yesterday didn't even last the whole day. Have to stick more to the Harley this weekend I guess...

Yes this means you likely have a coolant pump leak. Don't drive it till your appointment but def keep the reservoir filled, water, coolant, something. They should give you a rental for free while they source the part and/or fix it, this is an extended warranty fault up to 120k miles. If they don't do just that, call up VWOA, I had no issue with mine

Yes this means you likely have a coolant pump leak. Don't drive it till your appointment but def keep the reservoir filled, water, coolant, something. They should give you a rental for free while they source the part and/or fix it, this is an extended warranty fault up to 120k miles. If they don't do just that, call up VWOA, I had no issue with mine

So the water pump is covered until what mileage??

allset@supreme power

Go Kart Champion
I had a 2010
Modded the shit out of it
All the major failures I had
-intake mani flapper
-throw out bearing
-coil packs every 6 months till I got R8 packs
-I changed the upper timing chain tensioner before it cud fail
-fuel injectors
-etc

In 3 years my water pump held. People around me were having pump failures some 3 times in 18 years. I waited and waited it never failed. Sold the car in 2013

- I buy a 2014 Audi S5...the fucking water pump fails in the first 6 months. And it was slow
I smelled coolant for that first 6 months but I kept an eye on the level ; it never went down
it was a slow drip and dry I didn't see anything wenup I checked the pump the first month
This was going into winter so the coolant thickens up when car is cold
When I finally found it (1 year later the day after REVO finally finishes the file for my ecu) there was dried powdered coolant "growing" out from the deal and wet coolant at the center
By now it was summer so everything was expanding and I was noticing the level drop

The fucked up part is I had 9 months to find this and get it warrantied
THE DAY I FLASH , THE DAY AFTER THEY FINISH MY TUNE I FIND THE LEAK
I just happend to be in the right spotoing down with the sun hitting it just right way that I saw it
It was collecting in a rail so it never made it to the belly pan

So I drove it for week Flashed with REVO stage 1 bc I was testing it for them and I cudnt get a loaner from Audi till at least a week
So I drove it logged for REVO
Drove back to shop ( 50 mins each way) flashed back to stock
Got pump changed warrantied
Drove it 2 weeks stock to be sure
Went back to shop flashed this time Stage 1+ supercharger pulley upgrade
So far so good

Why can't VAG make a fucking water pump
The S5 has a cast alum casing not plastic
are the using shitty gaskets?

Anyway got lots of aggravation and a coolstorybrah out of it.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
5years or 60,000 miles. Powertrain warranty

nice. for some odd reason, i thought it was covered till 36k.