GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM Limiter

TDmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
just a quick question.
what is the rpm limiter set at on the mk6 golf 2.5?
my brother has an mk5 and has apr tune which bumps it up to 6500.
although, my mk6 is stock and i can take it to 6500 as well

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure APR doesn't bump up the rev limit unless you ask them to. It'll be a custom file.

6500 is stock redline for 2.5L if I remember right.

RallyPunx

Passed Driver's Ed
When I drive my 2.0T MK6 DSG in sport mode, it goes all the way to 7500 before changing gears. Crazy if you ask me, since redline is 6000. I made a thread about it and it seems to be happening across the board with MK6s. My solution, shift manually. If I use sport mode, I still shift manually when it reaches the optimum RPMs. I don't feel comfortable letting the engine rev past redline.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
The GTI redline and the 2.5L redline is not the same.

The ACTUAL GTI redline is 6800RPM. VW just has an early redline to make sure you shift before you hit the fuel cutoff.

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
For some reason the redline on the mk6 GTI is at 6000rpm but my mk5 also with the TSI engine still has the redline at 6500rpm. Real cutoff for this engine as said above is 6800rpm, so why the lowered redline?

TDmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
When I drive my 2.0T MK6 DSG in sport mode, it goes all the way to 7500 before changing gears. Crazy if you ask me, since redline is 6000. I made a thread about it and it seems to be happening across the board with MK6s. My solution, shift manually. If I use sport mode, I still shift manually when it reaches the optimum RPMs. I don't feel comfortable letting the engine rev past redline.

my car is manual. and i can go a little past 6500 but its right in that area.

TDmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty sure APR doesn't bump up the rev limit unless you ask them to. It'll be a custom file.

6500 is stock redline for 2.5L if I remember right.

yes it actually does bump it up from 6000 to 6500, atleast for the mk5's it does.

D

Deleted member 103021

From what I've experienced/read, the Golf's limiter is around 6250.