GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti stage2 VS Audi B5 RS4

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
My car is far from just a stage2 + downpipe.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
so your saying his car must have been over 300hp or else your stage 2 would have beat it? Cars speed is alot more dependant than weight and drive train loss against factory claimed engine output. I can very easily see you keeping up with a stock s4 and it being an even race. Its not a slam against your car or GTI's in general, just saying that its not as simple as factory claimed output of 250 x .25 = 187 hp to the wheels and 3500 pounds = slow and your bolt on GTI = ZOMGWTFBBQ fast. You can do claimed results and other peoples dyno's but its alot more than that. my 19 year old //S4 put the hurt on my GTI from every position even with the GTI being DSG with supposedly 200whp stock against an AWD car with a claimed 235hp and 258tq through a 5 speed with over 200k miles on it. by bench racing stats the GTI should have raped, but it didnt. it got walked everytime at every speed. bench racing doesnt work. your stage 2 GTI is still very much in the same ballpark as a stock B5 S4.

As a Side note, I love your car and you have some great mods with good taste and compliments to the chassis. But I wouldnt call you "far" from stage 2. Stage 2 is pretty much bolt on + a tune.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
The guy had some ultra big tires (would guess 355) with spacers, his exhaust line was probably full changed, he had a rs4 batch on the side with a v6 too, he was dropped. With a Nürburgring tricker and more. How good are the chances that this car was chipped?

This car is easily 500 pouds heavier for sure. If he was stock with 250 hps, lets claim 235 WHP, and im around 255-260WHP with probably way more lbs torque too, how the heck I couldnt pull on him ?

If the weight ratio is better, it should be enough. Its the base for acceleration. What else could play a role, drivetrain loss, traction, tires, gearing ratio and suspension setup. Something else ?

Im beating my friend 93 Skyline R-33 sp2 with 280 hps, can destroy any 350z lightly modded with around the same weight of the S4.

What a S4 with 235whp would eat to get better acceleration that it should do ?

What I means by far from a stage2 is that I didnt just focused on the engine with stage2 + downpipe. Just my brakes per exemple are as important but for an other purpose.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
You're probably right, he may have very well been chipped. Weight and unknown amount of drivetrain loss don't make the whole equation is all I'm saying. Drivetrain loss is pretty unknown save for some chassis dyno's. Not every AWD system is the same and they won't all lose the same amount of power. Not every stage 2 GTI puts out 250 or more whp. My chipped //S4 will put a hurting on cars that claim to have similar HP and are fwd. While my GTI will lose to a lightly modded WRX.

D

Deleted member 103021

Almost 140mph on what sounds like a public road? Jeez....

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
We had enough space without any traffic to archive it. I dont race between cars, dont worry. We used the same line too, its more save this way. It was a pubic highway and its always better to go on a track or drag for sure.

Sorry if it didnt sounds save, but it was enough to my judgement.