GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Lease Speical- So Soon!

Dybz

Banned
The only question I have is whether this is a great image on the internet, or the greatest one.

just great.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
I really think VW USA made a bad decision with the Golf R marketing this time. They should at least give customer option to pick either DSG or 6 speed here in the US market. Now the only buyer/leaser are diehard VW fan who can afford a 35K car and drive stick which is not many. I guess now they realized the Golf R is not selling welll so they are pushing lease to get them off dealers lot.

jkm7385

A bit off topic..what is the lowest APR available for purchasing an R? I wish they had that 0% deal like with the GTI's!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
A bit off topic..what is the lowest APR available for purchasing an R? I wish they had that 0% deal like with the GTI's!

Check with your local dealer. I recently got quotes from local Credit unions and they offer 2.5-2.99 for 48-60 months.

jkm7385

Check with your local dealer. I recently got quotes from local Credit unions and they offer 2.5-2.99 for 48-60 months.

Just got an email from my credit union...1.9% up to 25k...with my trade in it would be under 25k for an R...hmmmmmm

337RSR

Passed Driver's Ed
Is that true? I can't find any confirmation online.

Not that I live in Canada, just curious.

Well actually some of those are going to end up being used by dealer's owners and finally sold as demo in two to three months but essentially the new ones are gone. Every dealer is supposed to get at least one, but some don't want them for different markets and others already traded them.

By the way even if it is the same number per capita, we have two very different market. For example here in Quebec we represent only 25% of Canada (2,5% of USA) but more than 50% of VW sales are done here and even more when you are talking TDI's. That speaks volume...

Wow, seems like C4L was posting to himself there for a while! He talks about saving money and accounting for it, uses a 5% interest rate for the 60 months of a purchase, and the taxes involved. I can say that you talk about getting a great deal off of msrp, well we don't go 60 months either buddy. It works both ways, here are my rough numbers. I can account for my money, 0% apr, and half the taxes. I buy my vehicles, that accounts for all the money I save. I traded in a paid for vehicle which was $16,000 trade in, so my taxes were 16k off the $32k for my MKV R32. I put down another 5K, and I financed the rest at 0% thru volkswagen for 24 months. I paid about 1,000 a month and paid it off in about 12 months but that doesnt matter as it was zero percent apr! So you talk about how leasing is so much better than buying, I don't see it at all. My car is paid for, worth a good 21k, and will take that amount off of my taxes when I buy a new R. So at 36k minus my 21k i will pay on about 15k of taxes! I am waiting for a zero apr deal, so I will be sitting nicely! You keep leasing and posting on here how great it is buddy! And I have banked that monthly payment I never had since the end of 08 or so! I can account for that if needed! And these figures are to the best of knowledge, not going to dig up my sales sheet or look at old numbers! My mom always says, leasers gonna lease, ballers gonna ball......

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!

COCWGTI

Wow! I don't post very often, but this thread was very entertaining and I couldn't resist.

CL4 makes some valid points, the primary one being that if you keep your cars short-term, leasing is a very valid option. Another one is that lease terms are absolutely negotiable (particularly the "purchase" price).

However, I thought it started going south when he/she started puffing up his chest regarding his college degree, certification(s) and place of employment. I could be wrong, but that gives me the impression of a young professional, fresh into his/her career, giving much more weight to book smarts than is warranted. I applaud you on your education, degree and ability to land a job in a tough market, but it really gives you little advantage over anyone else on understanding leases (and many other financial matters).

And then there are the scenarios provided. I know where you're getting at conceptually, but the few errors really make a difference. The first one was already pointed out - you were essentially "double-counting" the monthly payment savings. I'm surprised the other one wasn't mentioned (unless I missed it) - in your original example that calculated lease payments of $323 (before tax), I think you ignored interest altogether. I believe you simply took the difference between your negotiated price and the stated residual, and divided by 36 months. I know you know there is interest on leases as well, so I'm sure it was an oversight, but certainly a lease with zero money factor is going to fare better compared to financing at 5%.

Leasing vehicles and purchasing vehicles both have their place, totally dependent on the buyer's intentions, financial situation, and countless other variables. Hopefully, the buyer is aware of all the terms in either scenario.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Leasing vehicles and purchasing vehicles both have their place, totally dependent on the buyer's intentions, financial situation, and countless other variables. Hopefully, the buyer is aware of all the terms in either scenario.

This. :thumbsup:

VW Knight

haha^

$20K buyout isn't bad, considering MKV R32's were going for $25-$28K still after 3 years.

I had a MKV R32 with under 10K miles in perfect condition and couldn't get an offer even close to $25K in 2011. Wound up trading it in for $21K to get into a cheaper payment to save the cashola. Everyone wanted to sell them for how much you're talking about but no one was or is willing to pay that much. I got offered as low as $19K...bad market for selling a limited edition car like the R.