GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen replacement?

gerard

Side question, after I've replaced my bulbs, I've noticed that the passenger side has a higher cut-off than driver's side. Maybe its always been like that before with the stock bulb, I don't know, but it might be more obvious now with the lights being brighter. Is this normal, or did I move the housing somehow?

Normal, pax side lights up the sidewalk and right side does not blind incoming traffic

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Cool, good to know. It makes sense now that you mentioned it, I guess I just didn't notice it as readily with dimmer stock light.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
How do you replace the oem bulb? Just take out first the round rubber cover?

yep remove rubber cover, then pinch the base of the bulb, twist it about 90 degrees counterclockwise to loosen, and pull straight out. Insert new bulb and twist clockwise to secure in place, replace rubber cover.

I have Ziza purple white bulbs on my low beams right now. Not very bright but really nice looking color.

shredX

Ready to race!
This is what I understand. Not 100% fact.

Any time you make the light output "white-er", the bulb actually has some blue tint.

I purchased aftermarket housings for my Jeep, and they came with purple bulbs that had blue'ish output. I hated them. Went to the autoparts store and looke at different bulbs. The guy recommended some bulbs with a very light blue coating. The output was white. No blue tint. It was much brighter than the bulbs that came with the housings. I then picked up a set with no tint. The light was yellow, but even brighter.

If you want brighter, you cant go with something that adds tint to the bulb.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
I've used Sylvania Silverstar Ultra before and recently switched to PIAA Xtreme White Plus. Both are much brighter than stock with more defined beam but the PIAA is a tiny bit whiter...

For the PIAA Xtreme White Plus.. is it PIAA #17655 or PIAA #17155?

AdamC

Ready to race!
Holy shit that's $85/bulb?