GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

Sergio_in_SF

Ready to race!
Installed DG springs, allowed them to settle for about 250 miles and just got my alignment.

I haven't taken a tape measure to get the FTG, but in terms of "fingers", I can barely squeeze a fat finger in the front and maybe about 1.5-2 in the rear.

Here's a photo to show the drop. (excuse the crappy overprocessed image - the original pic was too dark, so I had to increase the brightness/contrast on the tires to make them more visible.)

Mceric01

Ready to race!
I forgot to say: I installed manual transmission springs on my DSG. So that's why my drop is more than most folks'

Yea I was going to say your front drop is definatly lower than mine. I did 2dr manual on my 2 dr manual, and with about 1000 miles everything is great. NO clunking of any sort, (knock on wood) and i love it all! Oh and I installed them myself and was very careful to get the torque specs right and replace the bolts, bearings, etc

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm not even going to bother posting pics..after about 42 hours they've only dropped about a finger width in height..maybe .5-.6" very even all the way around. Unless you're doing all the work yourself, these springs + install kit (likely unnecessary) + alignment = not worth it for ride height alone. The car would look very stock if someone didn't know any better. I'll however deal since slammed wasn't ever in the picture for me. Stock shocks should handle this no problem so if that's your selling point go for it but if youre planning on aftermarket shocks don't bother with these springs, you could do better.

Not to be a dick, but I told you that you probably should've gotten the manual version just for that little extra drop

n14sss

Passed Driver's Ed
HI,
Does anyone with DG springs for 2 door DSG happen to have the actual part numbers printed on the front and rear springs?

I have DG 2 door Manual springs on a 2 door manual GTI and find front of the car a bit low and raked, was wondering if the front springs for 2 door DSG have a different spring rate?

BigDflyer

Hey folks - I have my 4dr DSG DG springs in and ready to install on Tuesday. I also have a set of 10 and a set of 12 mm HR spacers. Long story short, I think I'm going to only use spacers on the rear with this setup and sell the other set, - which spacers do you all think would look better to use on the rear, the 10's or 12's? Thanks!

Btw - I'm going for a classy, clean look, want it to stay low key for the wife :)

Last edited:

motojdm

Ready to race!
Has anyone confirmed if the warranty remains intact with these springs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Not to be a dick, but I told you that you probably should've gotten the manual version just for that little extra drop

I'm happier with my drop than that serious front rake Sergio just posted. Mine are about 2 weeks post install and I'm about 1.75 finger drop all the way around..good enough for me and allows me to space my rear wheels out and not worry about rubbing that much

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Hey folks - I have my 4dr DSG DG springs in and ready to install on Tuesday. I also have a set of 10 and a set of 12 mm HR spacers. Long story short, I think I'm going to only use spacers on the rear with this setup and sell the other set, - which spacers do you all think would look better to use on the rear, the 10's or 12's? Thanks!

Btw - I'm going for a classy, clean look, want it to stay low key for the wife :)

If youre using your stock rims then the 12s. You'll be basically flush. The fronts might look a little funny a 3/4 inch further in..Ide use the 10mm as well

Sergio_in_SF

Ready to race!
I'm happier with my drop than that serious front rake Sergio just posted. Mine are about 2 weeks post install and I'm about 1.75 finger drop all the way around..good enough for me and allows me to space my rear wheels out and not worry about rubbing that much

I don't think my rake is bad :)

Here's a better pic from a better angle and more level ground.

Sergio_in_SF

Ready to race!
^^ although it does appear I could benefit from some spacers. I guess that's next. Does anyone know if that requires another alignment?

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinkin its the 18s everyone has that makes their wheel gap look so much better..dunno..its all good. My gf drives it about 75 miles a week. More piece of mind for me :)