GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Civic SI 2012!

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
i respect the Si, I think it's a solid car.. buuut.. that rear killed it.

they need to bring back the hatch Si.

Stevec717

Ready to race!

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Honda has been going down hill since the late 90's. They used to make some fun cars like the prelude and crx. I dunno, the Fit might be their best car now.

Sad but true. Drove a Civic for deep 6-digits and drove an Accord to 215k miles. Loved both cars. But they were built in the 90s.

The Fit is the only worthwhile car, and it has the same interior ethos of a Yugo.

Fun fact: the Fit is faster to sixty than Honda's 'halo' car, the CR-Z.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Sigh.....

Can't comment on this one. I'll admit, I wish they had done a true New Model development rather than a carry over. Honda is conservative, that much is true.

I wish I had been on that design team.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Sigh.....

Can't comment on this one. I'll admit, I wish they had done a true New Model development rather than a carry over. Honda is conservative, that much is true.

I wish I had been on that design team.

I would never call Honda conservative given their latest designs. Toyota, yes but Honda, nope.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I would never call Honda conservative given their latest designs. Toyota, yes but Honda, nope.

Seeing as though I'm working for one of their New Model developments, yes they are conservative, that is, compared to what they were. This was the company who introduced some edge in the automobile world not too long ago.

But I'll agree with you, when you compare them to toyota they have the edge. Minus the FT-86, which apparently has been very very watered down.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Seeing as though I'm working for one of their New Model developments, yes they are conservative, that is, compared to what they were. This was the company who introduced some edge in the automobile world not too long ago.

But I'll agree with you, when you compare them to toyota they have the edge. Minus the FT-86, which apparently has been very very watered down.

I dont work for Honda so I can only speak to models on the road and IMO, their designs are outlandish - very cartoon like which to me is not conservative. Especially when you look at Acura. Honda was a conservative company that played it safe and now (again speaking to their current line-up) are taking risks. They're fail mind you but still risky designs.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I dont work for Honda so I can only speak to models on the road and IMO, their designs are outlandish - very cartoon like which to me is not conservative. Especially when you look at Acura. Honda was a conservative company that played it safe and now (again speaking to their current line-up) are taking risks. They're fail mind you but still risky designs.

Understandable. I myself feel Honda designers (One step above what we do) have lost track at what people REALLY see us as. Acura has SOOOOO much potential yet they wont expand upon it. I think the TSX was a REALLY good idea and platform, but fell short with just an I4 offering. V6 DI engine with SH-AWD would make that thing a BEAST!!!

Their technology is VERY simplified and intuitive. Nothing complex like Mercedes, BMW, or any other of the luxury brands. And thats why people love them so much. They can make the same thing for cheaper. Well...almost the same.

I wish I could share some details. But Honda knows what they need to do. Trust me....we do. I just hope they can put down the sales numbers for one bit and focus on ideas and changing the market. Our quality (Thanks to me lol I kid I kid) is superb and reliability is through the roof, just no offerings of performance or FUN cars.

I wish I was higher in the food chain lol

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Honda knows what they need to do.

:w00t:

Good to hear! I've owned 7 Hondas and always enjoyed them. But I would only consider the Accord Coupe out of their current lineup.

Clean, modern designs, projector beam lights, 6 speed shiftable transmissions and more upscale interiors would go a long way.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
:w00t:

Good to hear! I've owned 7 Hondas and always enjoyed them. But I would only consider the Accord Coupe out of their current lineup.

Clean, modern designs, projector beam lights, 6 speed shiftable transmissions and more upscale interiors would go a long way.

I completely 100% agree. :thumbsup:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Understandable. I myself feel Honda designers (One step above what we do) have lost track at what people REALLY see us as. Acura has SOOOOO much potential yet they wont expand upon it. I think the TSX was a REALLY good idea and platform, but fell short with just an I4 offering. V6 DI engine with SH-AWD would make that thing a BEAST!!!

Their technology is VERY simplified and intuitive. Nothing complex like Mercedes, BMW, or any other of the luxury brands. And thats why people love them so much. They can make the same thing for cheaper. Well...almost the same.

I wish I could share some details. But Honda knows what they need to do. Trust me....we do. I just hope they can put down the sales numbers for one bit and focus on ideas and changing the market. Our quality (Thanks to me lol I kid I kid) is superb and reliability is through the roof, just no offerings of performance or FUN cars.

I wish I was higher in the food chain lol

What I don't like about Honda really is their insistence to exclude North American with their more interesting cars....They don't necessarily need bigger engine or AWD, on something like a TSX or Civic, thats not how Honda's car are positioned in market. But their Type R car and with high power I4 or more performance oriented chassis tuning should attract more enthusiast to them.

Doesn't help though that Honda worldwide now has start to move away from enthusiasts in general....

Sargeant_002

Having had an 08' Si Sedan with H/I/E when I kept up (not passed or got walked on) a lightly tuned MK5 DSG GTi I wouldn't count the new Si out completely, HOWEVER they are the ugliest creation yet for a Civic hence my TDi...sad sad Honda...my Si was the last to be called a true Si :(

Brian-

grambles423

Automotive Engineer