GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your MPG

dav1d

Ready to race!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343752472.710583.jpg

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Filled up today. 353.5 miles, 11.12 gallons 31.8 miles per gallon. First full tank with my downpipe installed, Still running stage one software and a drop in filter.

McQueen77

Banned
Filled up today. 353.5 miles, 11.12 gallons 31.8 miles per gallon. First full tank with my downpipe installed, Still running stage one software and a drop in filter.

what kind of drop in? ive been running my aFe pro dry again and could swear my mileage has gone up a little but i could be imagining it.

fishtizzy

Ready to race!
I got and email from VW recommending fuel saving techniques stating that (for 6spd) as you are slowing down on approach to stop, leave it in gear until you need to depress the clutch (before it dies) until you stop - apparently fuel management kills fuel to the engine, inherently increasing gas mileage, where idling (with the clutch depressed while slowing down) requires the engine to receive a steady supply of fuel.

I'm no mechanic by any means, but how does that sorcery work?? is the engine just burning off remaining fuel in the cylinder? Or is it running on unicorn shit, skittles and the hopes of tomorrows youth?

Been doing this for about 500miles and I don't notice a huge difference - maybe .5-1mpg delta.

DarthMaul

Ready to race!
I got and email from VW recommending fuel saving techniques stating that (for 6spd) as you are slowing down on approach to stop, leave it in gear until you need to depress the clutch (before it dies) until you stop - apparently fuel management kills fuel to the engine, inherently increasing gas mileage, where idling (with the clutch depressed while slowing down) requires the engine to receive a steady supply of fuel.

I'm no mechanic by any means, but how does that sorcery work?? is the engine just burning off remaining fuel in the cylinder? Or is it running on unicorn shit, skittles and the hopes of tomorrows youth?

Been doing this for about 500miles and I don't notice a huge difference - maybe .5-1mpg delta.

The clutch is a direct, mechanical link between flywheel and input shaft of transmission. In other words, if the wheels are turning, then the engine HAS to turn. If the engine has to turn, then there's no need for fuel injectors to fire. This is also the reason why an electronic rev limiter will not prevent a mechanical overrev from a bad downshift (mechanical link between engine and transmission/wheels which no computer can change/adjust).

McQueen77

Banned
Just returned from a Vegas trip. Ave temps were around 110+
Ave speed around 75-80, got 31.7 on the mfd, ac blasting whole time. Heat at this level destroys power, but we knew that

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
BTW, I feel like my MPG went up significantly after my recent oil change at 10k, but I don't have any solid numbers to confirm.

holbrook89

Best I've done on a tank is 37 on a highway with cruise set at 60mph.
10 mile commute to work, I get anywhere from 19 to 24.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

eduardot

Ready to race!
My comute is also around 10 miles each way. I'm been tracking my mpgs with Gas Cubby and the average for the last 10k miles is 23.3.

99.5% of the time the A/C is on. I usually shift between 3k - 4.5k rpm with the ocasional 5.5k rpm. Car is stock.

fishtizzy

Ready to race!
28 miles round trip commute ->Mixed driving, with a good amount of traffic lights to stop you from 60.

Morning commute is @ 530am so no traffic, A/C not running:

30-31 MPG

Afternoon commute there is after school traffic (stupid teenagers) @ 2:45pm, A/C on full blast:

27-28 MPG

I live at 6500-7000 ft elevation - Only reset my cummulative avergae MPG at 1st of the month:

Avg 27.5-28 mpg/mo since purchase of car on 4/24/12

Hoosier

Passed Driver's Ed
Three tanks in both GTIs. I'm at 32.6 avg. And the wife is at 33.1. This is not on the mfi. That thing is reading 33.8 on mine. Summer blend. Not looking forward to burning that winter crap.

speed

Ready to race!
my first full tank clocked me 480 kms (300 miles) but i didnt use it up til the bottom. this is ok for me already. i'm just wondering why my range last night after refill showed 390 kms (243 miles). any thoughts guys? i've only had the car for 16 days, travelled 300 miles but it's pre-owned with 14300 miles on it.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
what kind of drop in? ive been running my aFe pro dry again and could swear my mileage has gone up a little but i could be imagining it.

Same drop in as you, AFE at the time. Have a carbonio now.