GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBX Turboback exhaust pics

squale iii

I was debating what exhaust to get. I wanted APR but pricing just wasn't right. Eurojet was another one I liked, but to get a TIG welded version it was still $1400+. So.......I decided to take a risk and try EBAY brand OBX exhaust and I couldn't be happier with the results! Keep in mind it's all TIG welded, full turboback exhaust for $399. It sounds deep and not raspy, and at idle/cruise it does not drone. We had to modify the turbo flange b/c the flange did not meet up to my 2012 MK6 as it was advertised to. However after contacting the seller and providing pics they discounted me the cost of the repair so it's really all good. Exhaust installation/modification performed by MetricGarage in Lebanon Ohio. Stage 2 relash done by Dubwerx in Cincy. So in all....parts, labor, reflash...I don't think I've spent what an APR downpipe costs alone LOL. I'll try to get some videos up later I don't know how to do that from my phone. It honestly sounds kinda like Eurojet. Here's the pictures:

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
Nice man, very interested in the videos.

squale iii

I dont get this phone...I make a video and it tells me "sorry cannot attach this video to your message"...And now I can't find my digital camera. I'll have to upload a video later after I see if my buddy has one. Sorry!

Last edited:

squale iii

Not gonna lie, after watching Eurojet youtube vids and listening to mine....It's basically the same thing lol... Cept the price is $1000 less. Good shit!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Post vids! And also post more pics of how the tips look and fit in the rear valance. A straight shot would be wonderful from eye level and crouched.

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
^^ post videos please!! looks nice i hope it sounds good to, the price is awesome! :thumbup:

squale iii

The exhaust is straight if u look at it from the rear. I was worried about that until we tightened it all up and it straightened out nicely. Ill have to figure out the video thing later I'm at work now.

wbean

attention whore
i think the difference is in material. downpipe flanges leaking or downpipe cracking is common if material or craftmenship isn't perfect.

I'd go with a quality downpipe and a whatever catback = )

i had a 42 DD downpipe and it leaked twice. you get what you paid for in some things.

glad i tworked out for u!