GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pics of push start button

Geofux

Ready to race!
does anyone have a canadian spec 2011 yet.
Can they confirm that the red ring on the speedo is new for 2011?

Every 2011 that I have seen has had the red ring on the speedo.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
the lower right knob on the stereo unit looks recessed. I can see the 1.5 inch smaller Nav/Radio screen difference from the 2010. I'm glad I got the 2010. The pushbutton isnt too bad and I would take it either way. The red ring around the gauges reminds me of a Chevy Malibu with their blue ring.

About the RNS315 - I am not sure, but I really doubt that VW is downgrading from RNS510 to RNS315 for 2011, actually the RNS315 is an upgrade of the RNS310 which has been available on the GTI in 2010 as an entry model for the RNS module lineup with a smaller screen.
I just guess that for 2011 VWOA is just adding the RNS315 along with the RNS510 that's all.

As for the red speedo line - :eek::thumbdown:
Start button's location sux IMO

falconeight1

Ready to race!
About the RNS315 - I am not sure, but I really doubt that VW is downgrading from RNS510 to RNS315 for 2011, actually the RNS315 is an upgrade of the RNS310 which has been available on the GTI in 2010 as an entry model for the RNS module lineup with a smaller screen.
I just guess that for 2011 VWOA is just adding the RNS315 along with the RNS510 that's all.

As for the red speedo line - :eek::thumbdown:
Start button's location sux IMO

Not in the United States we only got the RCD-510 or the RNS-510.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Geofux

Ready to race!
yup... hey, so the 2011 is much quieter at full throttle... ???

I've been in a couple of 2011 GTI's and they sound much better, and are not really any quieter. You just notice more actual engine noise.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
exactly, its more a normal engine noise for a performance car, but no blurble, which like I was saying, I kinda liked on the 2010 testdrives I had. I wonder if you can swap that out from a 2010 to a 2011? I would think so, no?

donger

Ready to race!
1. Push the start button but don't put your foot on the brake.
2. The car won't unlock until you touch the door handle. So just don't touch it
3. Pop the key hole cover off the door. Insert the key to manually unlock.

I thought there is NO key, and its just a fob? and theres a key hole behind the key hold cover?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I thought there is NO key, and its just a fob? and theres a key hole behind the key hold cover?

There is a key and a key hole behind the cover.

tavorh

Ready to race!
Push start

Hey guys,
Any ideas on how to add push start in the middle console like 2013 sel
Jettas? I have a keyed 2010 gti.