GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost chart - am I leaking?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
XGC75,

Where do I see the resting MAP. I thought it was 1010. I can't find 1220 anywhere. I do live in Florida, where a large majority of the state is literally at 0ft above sea level.

I see 3 consecutive readings from Boost Actual that are at 1220, starting at 1240 then going down to 1230, finally at 1220. I do see the one measurement at 1110, but I'm hesitant to use that as "resting" because there's only one measurement there. It looks like undershoot.

v.b

Ready to race!
I see 3 consecutive readings from Boost Actual that are at 1220, starting at 1240 then going down to 1230, finally at 1220. I do see the one measurement at 1110, but I'm hesitant to use that as "resting" because there's only one measurement there. It looks like undershoot.

look at the one with 0rpm - it reads 1010mbar which is right

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
look at the one with 0rpm - it reads 1010mbar which is right
I'm not concerned with the MAP reading while the engine isn't turning. The MAP sensor shouldn't be reading different values in vacuum+flow than it does while the engine isn't turning anyways. At least in theory, the case of vacuum and flow should push the ambient pressure of the MAP way less than it was designed to read, therefore it should bottom out instead of rising ~100mbar.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Get the analog sensor tap from P3cars. Your OBDII port is just guessing really. A analog tap will give you a definite number.

Cool thing is p3cars sells a little adapter sensor (i think its like $30) that you just connect the line to and it sends the analog data to the gauge.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Get the analog sensor tap from P3cars. Your OBDII port is just guessing really. A analog tap will give you a definite number.

Cool thing is p3cars sells a little adapter sensor (i think its like $30) that you just connect the line to and it sends the analog data to the gauge.

I wish the Polar FIS had this feature.