GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 MK6 GTI vs 09' Subaru WRX

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I got another notch under my belt today. I was on the freeway this morning came to a light (yes light on the freeway Vegas go figure) anyway I was behind a WRX not sure if STI. I had been messing with him prior to the light so when it turned green we both stepped on it. Surprisingly enough I wasn't being left behind... when we passed the car to my right I switched lanes and started to pull slowly until I was about half a car length ahead. I was at about 115 at this point and let off. Was definitely a thrill and something I didn't think I could accomplish at stage 1 with intake. :)

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Nice kill. I'm stage 1 too. Do you know if the WRX had any mods? exhaust?

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes the exhaust was all chromed out so I figure he swapped out the stock one. It was quite glorious...lol I had a 08' Civic Si before this and I'd never stand against a WRX...

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking at the 2015 STI stock dyno numbers and they are at 225whp... that's 75 less than advertised... pretty weak.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Definitely not a STI if a Stage 1 beat him out.
Good kill on a WRX.

STI's are not terribly fast from a roll.... Ask me how I know.

I was looking at the 2015 STI stock dyno numbers and they are at 225whp... that's 75 less than advertised... pretty weak.

That sounds about right.

zipsled

Ready to race!
STI's are not terribly fast from a roll.... Ask me how I know.

That sounds about right.

K04 against a STI is a toss-up. All things considered, a MKVI with Stage 1 isn't faster than a STI.
Ask me how I know.
Oh, what the hell...I'll go ahead and fess up.
Ran a 2015 STI with my Stage 2 Uni, and I came in second. Close, but no cigar.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
K04 against a STI is a toss-up. All things considered, a MKVI with Stage 1 isn't faster than a STI.
Ask me how I know.

Was the sti stock?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Ask me how I know.

Stage 2, stock turbo I could pull them no problem on the highway..... so not sure what happened with you there sir.

Annnnd K04 vs an STI is straight murder in favor of us..... lol...... I've raced, stock, stage 2, and even an FBO Stage 3 20G hawk eye (video is on here)..... so again not sure what you're sayin. :|

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2, stock turbo I could pull them no problem on the highway..... so not sure what happened with you there sir.

Annnnd K04 vs an STI is straight murder in favor of us..... lol...... I've raced, stock, stage 2, and even an FBO Stage 3 20G hawk eye (video is on here)..... so again not sure what you're sayin. :|

I actually ran a 15 STI too on the highway and whooped some butt. Stage1 intake and downpipe.. soo yehh

Antimatter

Ready to race!

Agreed.

One of my coworkers has a 2015 STI with an accessport running a 91 tune. Pulled on him twice at 100+ speeds with my Stage 2.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Agreed.

One of my coworkers has a 2015 STI with an accessport running a 91 tune. Pulled on him twice at 100+ speeds with my Stage 2.

oh yeah unless its a dig race (which honestly why would you) then you'll pull him every time.... lol

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a guy in my wife's job that just got a 15" WRX non STI and keeps talking crap to her when she takes the GTI to work. I told her that she can take em' .. lol completely stock WRX.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My buddy got an 09 wrx hatch and since he got it, he feels he's in another league above me. He got the access port but hasn't installed it yet. I told him, whatever dude, my car feels equal, if not faster when he pushes it hard from a roll.

He believes AWD=instawin.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I really like the fact that VW underrates their engines. Or better yet, they give you WHP rather than Crank. All these cars that claim to be GTI killers barely make more horsepower and barely cross the finish line quicker than GTI. I've already run a 09 WRX, 11 WRX and 15 Focus ST and had zero problems with them on my stage 1.