GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering performance FDS intercooler technical and discussion thread.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
meh, my $150 eBay ic will do almost the same. Sorry this ic is overpriced.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
meh, my $150 eBay ic will do almost the same. Sorry this ic is overpriced.

I beg to differ (on the first part). Those cheap fmic found on eBay are garbage. Just look at the fin design. Yes, it's bar and plate but not dense at all. Density and quality of the core makes a world of difference. As for the pricing, I see no point in paying over $450 for a FMIC. For under $500, you can have a custom TRUE fmic....like mine. :)

I hate my APR, worst decision ever......

I just don't have the skills for a DIY job, otherwise I give IE a chance, not so comfortable taking the front end off myself.

Removing the front bumper is easier than you think. T25 Torx screwdriver/socket is all you need. And of course a jack and two jack stands. You can use ramps but I find it easier to remove both front wheels to gain access to the lower fender well plastic guards.

Last edited:

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

IE FDS intercoolers are now shipping and all your pre-orders are currently on the way! Normally we would turn off the special discount pricing at this point, but we have decided to let it run through the end of the month. Click the image above to take advantage of these last two days to get your intercooler now and save 100.00 off!

Krog29

Ready to race!
@ Tyler - Any updates on how this performs compared to competitors intercoolers? Also would the hoses fit onto Neuspeed hi-flo's?

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I would think and there is little to no reason why it wouldn't perform everybit as good as the best IC on the market. And with the flow directors in the end tanks I would expect it to have a more equal flow over the entire height of the core.

I have always said I believe the best stock replacement IC should in therory be the Wagner tuning piece. Now that this is here it could possibly be better, equal to or slightly worse then the Wagner. One problem with such a tall IC is getting more air up towards the top of such a tall IC core. Wagner tries to do this with tapered end tanks and IE tries with the flow directors. IMO both of them have to make better use of such a tall core then any of the other stock replacement ICs on the market.

Krog29

Ready to race!
^ True, I think the FDS system is awesome just wondering the comparison to like a front mount is all. And if anyone has this installed it would be awesome for some of your input as well. Oh and can't wait till their air intake comes out! :) *cough cough* Hope it is soon Tyler!

Last edited:

TheCastle

Ready to race!
I think there are lots of good IC options. I just think a lot of folks place too much emphasis on the performance contributions of an upgraded ic.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Here is a small video put together about some of the development behind our 2.0T MK5/MK6/Golf R FDS performance intercoolers. Also, some lovely sound from our IE450T turbo kit development Golf R driving the local canyons.

See more HERE.

Mark_I_B

[emoji36] why this guy is beating around the bush. Just give what we are asking for. We need some proof, that this is better than the compitition. We already know it's better than the oem.

Last edited: