GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why Oil Temp is not reading after changing the ECU?!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Guys,
I have a strange question, why oil temp is not reading after changing the ECU SW? The oil temp disappear from the MFD and it gives -60 in the PolarFIS which means it is not reading. This thing happen when I change the SW revision from 1K0 907 115 Q to 1K0 907 115 R :mad0259:

This is mainly a SW revision changes and the wiring is going properly because it reads on ECU SW ended with Q :iono:

BTW, I need to run the ECU SW revision 1K0 907 115 R, that's why I didn't leave the Q one!

All thoughts and ideas are more than welcome.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
First of all, some ECU's in this car (there are many dozens of configurations) don't make available the oil temperature model. Second, the oil temperature isn't a sensor measurement in this car, but rather a model. So the car is looking at timing, boost, IATs, etc. etc. to calculate what the oil temperature should be. In some ECU box codes and SW revisions that model is apparently different because tools like the Polar FIS and Vag-com can't access the oil temp data.

You should reach out to the guys from Polar FIS on their forums. In the past when they launched their product to the mk6 they were very responsive to questions, troubleshooting and feature requests.