GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official 2016 Chicagoland Autocross (and sometimes HPDE/Track Day) Master Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Grattan is INCREDIBLE.

On and off camber turns, the esses, the "jump".. its got it all. I just wish it was closer.

I haven't been to Grattan in, damn, 15 years? Fuck I'm getting old.

It's a fun track tho. Very un-Midwest style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Funny I also have a R friend with a vacay home in the area, whom I would likely crash with. Wonder if perhaps same guy?

My comment about the lodging wasn't necessarily about the Holiday Inn, but that they charge like $250 a night for said Holiday Inn when there is a track event.

I may be down for a Gman event. Depends on when I get my grubby hands on my car and what my work and PCA schedule is.

Fischer Motors always does an event there in the spring too. Reasonably priced and no sessions, just open track.

got your pm, replied - not same guy unfortunately.

oh wow, I've never had the $250 problem.. F that. what track days were there? big national ones or? real races? I paid like the usual $88 or $90 when I went last time, so, not sure.

I haven't been to Grattan in, damn, 15 years? Fuck I'm getting old.

It's a fun track tho. Very un-Midwest style.

oh dang. did you run bikes at Grattan? I LOVE that track tho, just wish it was closer. lol, true - very different than others around here.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
got your pm, replied - not same guy unfortunately.

oh wow, I've never had the $250 problem.. F that. what track days were there? big national ones or? real races? I paid like the usual $88 or $90 when I went last time, so, not sure.

oh dang. did you run bikes at Grattan? I LOVE that track tho, just wish it was closer. lol, true - very different than others around here.

PCA GingerMan weekend, LeMons weekend, GMan hosted Halloween event...

Lodging is one of the reasons I really quit going to GMan (until my buddy bought his place). I like GMan but it was never worth the hotel bills. For that kind of cash I'd rather set it aside for lodging at the Ostoff or Siebkens for a Road America weekend. Plus all the restaurants in South Haven are stupid $$$... adds up when I'm feeding myself, wife, and kiddo.

Now that my buddy has his place I'm more interested in going back since it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

And yeah, last time I was at Grattan it was on 2 wheels.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i see, those are some big events then - i typically went with 3Balls Racing, and other small groups.

and yes.. big time agree.. Gman is nothing special, but its good for the more beginner types and the 2.5hr drive isnt too bad. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if Grattan was where Gman was at, good lord.. I'd go at least 2x a year probably.

mmm... grattan on a bike sounds AMAZING.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Updated first post with Windy City BMW's schedule. Locations are TBD but it sounds like we may be at Sears Centre and Lake County Fairgrounds.

Windy City BMW:
- 4/24 - Car Control Clinic - Hawthorne Racecourse, Cicero, IL
- 5/1 - Autocross School - Hawthorne Racecourse, Cicero, IL
- 5/14 - Autocross 1 - TBD
- 5/21-22 - HPDE Driving School - Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL
- 6/4-5 - Autocross 2 - Tire Rack, South Bend, IN
- 7/2 - Autocross 3 - TBD
- 7/31 - Autocross 4 - TBD
- 9/11 - Autocross 5 - TBD
- 10/1 - Autocross 6 - TBD

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OH WOW. dat 5/14. Dang, gotta move up my suspension mods and alignment.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
5/14 was cancelled for autox.

5/23 many are going to Autobahn with www.lapsincorporated.com I may be making it out now.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
not that anyone would be going it seems, but wow, I am going to sign up for the tire rack event with WCBMW. wow.

Lao278

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone plan on driving Blackhawk Farms with Gridlife on 9/18?

riceburner

Autocross Champion

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
FOR SALE: Carbotech XP10 track pads (fronts) , used for 1 track day.

Pads were $190 new, will sell for $120 shipped continental usa with tracking. Can provide pics later

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone plan on driving Blackhawk Farms with Gridlife on 9/18?

I know a guy with a bagged white R that is going. Front plate is offset tho, and windshield decal needs backing tint, otherwise clean ass ride :iono:

may be selling my car, anyone from the meets that may be looking to upgrade feel free to take a look!

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109841

oh wow ;)

FOR SALE: Carbotech XP10 track pads (fronts) , used for 1 track day.

Pads were $190 new, will sell for $120 shipped continental usa with tracking. Can provide pics later

^ oh wow

PlannedIn2015FTW